Members
Usergroups
majicka regeneration & time frame
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
txiab

majicka regeneration & time frame

i have looked through all the posts in this forum and haven't been able to find a clear answer to these two questions: 1st, is there a limit to the amount of time one can take completing the game? 2nd, other than sleeping is there a good way to refill majicka? i feel like magic users are at a hugh disadvantage because every time you cast a spell it means taking a nap. i am especially concerned that as the game goes on i will turn into rip vanwinkle trying to refill my majicka; i don't want to wake up 100 years into the future having missed the entire game! finally, are there any planned changes in the magic system? i would love to be able to slowly recover majicka as i wander instead of constantly using the rest option.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 4:37 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

1) No... (but I am not really sure, however it sounds like noncense that there should be limit)
2) It depends on your sign. Some signs can get magicka from monsters, other then that there should be potions.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:08 pm
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I useally only sleep when I level or have been seriously injured. There are health and magic renewal potions available to supplement sleeping which makes everything cool in my book. Mages guild supply chest alway has 10 magic renewal potions when it refills.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 6:01 pm

I've been playing quite a while and the mages guild chest hasn't gotten around to refilling just yet. If you're going to play a more mage-ish character you'll clearly need to refill quite often, as you use your magicka for fighting, healing, and all sorts of stuff.

I've got the olde Astronach goin on, so resting doesn't help BUT the trick is those temples. Join the temple, and find the Tribunal shrine. 5 bucks for an ALSMIV(sp) restoration and you're all filled. Mark, Intervention, refill, Recall. Ta-da.

Of course, if I weren't an Astronach, I might just take a nap. Seems easier...
Post Wed May 08, 2002 6:10 pm

txiab

i still think it would be great if majicka would just slowly refill like fatigue. what is the idea behind majicka? why does it only refill when you sleep? aren't mages in tune with the flow of magic when awake? or, maybe the doors of majicka are deeply bound in the subconscious, and therefore only available in the deepest moments of sleep? it just doesn't make sense.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:37 pm

If you are trained in Alchemy to a semi decent level (Around 50ish is suggested for best results) you can purchase Frost Salts and Void Salts to make your own restore magicka potions (They are far superior to the crap the mage guild chest has especially if you get/steal a full set of Master's Alchemy tools). The price is a bit high for the salts so i'd get on the merchants good side if your still low level =)

This is why Atronarch is the best mage sign after you get out of the low levels, super magicka boost and the ability to absorb magicka from other monsters that cast on you. The real problem is surviving those low levels
Post Thu May 09, 2002 12:42 am