Arrows, Gold Coins, & Ore
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Arrows, Gold Coins, & Ore

All of my questions have to do with Chapter 1 of the game...

Arrows: I've been running around killing things with my trustee bow and now I can't seem to find anymore vendors with arrows. Is is possible to buy all the arrows available from all the vendors in the game? If so, where can i get more arrows? I check chests and boxes when I come across them, but they are an unreliable source for arrows.

Gold Coins: I have collected about 35 gold coins since the beginning of the game. Do they have a purpose? I've noticed that gold coins have no trade value.

Ore: I quickly learned all the animal skills (skinning, declawing, teeth removing, mandiable removing) so that I could trade those items for ore. But now, like my arrow problem, i can't find any vendors with any more ore on them to buy my animal parts. Now what?
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:07 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

When you hit Chapter 2 all merchants will have more ore, arrows and new weapons, etc.
The gold coins are worthless.
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:10 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can steal arrows.

If you do not want to cheat, you can pickpocket the guards with crossbows and bows and randomly get some arrows and bolts. Infinite supply.

If you cheat using marvin mode, you can possess the bow guard then emty his arrows onto the ground, then pick them up for your self.

There IS a item line cheat for arrow, I used it once each for bolt and arrow. I think it was in german name, but it worked.

I playing a ranger ran into this problem also. After all, as a non-cheater I can use pickpocketing to get a measure of arrows, but get ready to run like heck since even a Master skill has 10% to fail. If I find the cheat, I will post it.

All characters do respawn food randomly after a while, they will eat the food to regain their health after you beat them up. Infinite random food. The guards will also respawn arrows and bolts after a time. Just whack them or pickpocket them again.

I found the command in the RPGDot online guide at this site. Use marvin mode and insert item command itamarrow itambolt

the word for item in German is itam. Cheat away.
Post Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:22 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: You can steal arrows.

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
I found the command in the RPGDot online guide at this site.

The Cheat Guide is at GothicDot, not RPGDot. Thatīs a small but important difference.

quote:

Use marvin mode and insert item command itamarrow itambolt

the word for item in German is itam. Cheat away.

What a funny idea!

Almost as funny as the location in your profile. Even if "Senatus Populusque Romanus" was a place, how could it be in the US?
Post Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:21 am
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I think the gold coins were to be used with Gothic 2, I dunno if Gothic 2 will port in the saved game from Gothic or not.

But Originally I think that was the idea, once you leave the compound you will need some cash in the form of gold coins to purchase stuff.

And if u didnt have a saved game from Gothic, im sure Gothic 2 would start you with some or none.
Post Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:21 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Savegame import wonīt be possible. The developers argued they would have had to multiply all stats with 100 for the balancing and handle very different chars. Makes no sense.
Post Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:13 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Savegame import wonīt be possible.

That's the way it should be!
If not, everyone would load their last savegame from gothic and pump their stats by cheating, in order to make the beginning of the new game as easy as it can be.. But that's just not the point!!! Excitement in gothic came from uncertanty, which came from your weaknesses..

Anyway, the coins in the game just fill the reality of the world(they just got trapped there ), and if you're really persistant you'll be able to find more than 5000 coins.
Post Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:26 pm
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Savegame import wonīt be possible. The developers argued they would have had to multiply all stats with 100 for the balancing and handle very different chars. Makes no sense.

I said originally that was the idea, I didnt say it was a certainty.

It could have worked, dropping the players level down to 1/30th of its value or more. But keep the coins, and I was thinking possibly lester being a land owner with his parchment lease thing and the bandits who run from you would be a main bad guy since it was his name on the parchment etc.

We shall wait and see only 3-4 weeks left
Post Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:44 pm