Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Two semi-stupid questions... Please help...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

The words 'black' and 'troll' are two separate words. It might be time-consuming to find the explanation you're looking for, so I'll give it to you now. Trolls and Black Trolls are probably the easiest MOBS to kill. They move very slowly. Simply draw your sword and attack it from behind. Hit it 1-3 times from behind, run behind him again, hit him some more, run behind him again, etc... A Trolls backside is exposed and simple to hit. Just move enough to stay away from the front of the troll. Also, try to stay close to the troll. Its arms are so large that even if you're in front of it for a split second, sometimes when they swing at you you can avoid getting hit by moving underneath their arms or in their armpits. It's a bit intimidating at first, but it's a strategy easy to master. I killed the Black Troll in chapter one with my sword skill only at 15%. (It took me about 15 minutes though...)

Arrows don't work because the Trolls are so large. Imagine some miniature people trying to throw toothpicks at you. It would be pretty difficult to kill a person with a bunch of toothpicks, especially from a distance.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:40 pm
THNihilist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the hint. I killed the black troll before I read it, but I'll try that strategy on the next troll that I run across.

I used a similar method, btw; strafing back and forth around/behind an obstruction to confuse him and prevent him from reaching me...

At level 13, my archer is really starting to rock...
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:07 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Yes, archers are very fun. I just wish there was a bow that did equal damage to the best crossbow. It seems unfair...
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:13 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2