Eager Tradesman

woot lucky me they fixed a lot of quests exept the 1 im stuck at lol
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:18 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

Jaz:

the black & white bar-code on the back of the package under this text:

"Das Rollenspiel protzt mit derart vielen Details, dass es uns schier den Atem verschlagen hat"
Gamestar 05/02
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:21 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Well.... there's been no white paper except for the backside of the map, Baalcipher, and if there was one after all I certainly burned it along with the rest of the waste...

HiddenX: My Morrowind has neither a barcode nor the text mentioned by you. It's a tan cardboard thing with zillions of flaps and a German booklet, and for some reason unknown to me it came with a t-shirt even though it wasn't the special edition which looks different still... and costs a lot more. This one's been priced just as the regular version you see at stores... I can't say I'm unhappy with the unexpected t-shirt .
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:29 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

Jaz:

it seems that Ubi Soft distributes different packages of Morrowind. All i can say after 10 hours playing with the patch, that it works really good with my version (without T-Shirt and NOT the Collectors Edition).

Combat is still too easy, but who cares (difficulty 100). No crashes to the desktop anymore, a little improvement by increasing the frames per seccond. Some minor quests are repaired. Good job Bethesda !
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 5:15 pm
iloveplywood2

safedisc

This may be old news, but I'm almost 100% sure that safedisc has been removed from the patched executeable. I can't play any safedisc protected game on my CD-ROMS and so could only play the game with the NOCD 'patch', so I figured I wouldn't be able to run the official patch. But then I read on a forum that safedisc had been removed, so I gave the patch a try and sure enough it works groovy.

Of course it still checks for the CD in the drive, but my nocd version did that as well (I never bothered to configure it run without the CD).
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:02 pm

HimalayanJake

Morrowind Patch Installed and Disaster Struck

I installed the patch and made the stupid mistake of NOT making a copy of the entire Morrowind folder prior to doing so (810MB). Now I have to re-install all of Morrowind to play it!!!.

Problem: Everytime I die and the system tries to load my previous saved game and it crashes to desktop then I must reboot.

This only happened a couple times since game launch day and I played it almost everyday since then. Now it is a new and improved consistant feature of the game.

I am very disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a patch uninstall feature. If there is one or if there are steps for uninstalling it PLEEEEESE someone let me know..... I am sick and tired of uninstalling and re-installing Morrowind. This would by my 3rd re-install.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:18 am

HimalayanJake

Update on patch crashing...

I tried starting a new game with the patch and my plug-in that I have been using. The "load last saved game after death" crash does not happen.

Conclusion.... If I want to use the patch then start the game over again.

Otherwise re-install Morrowind. Avoid my folly of trusting a Bethesda patch.
If you intend to install the patch tehn MAKE A COPY OF YOUR ENTIRE MORROWIND FOLDER PRIOR TO PATCHING!!!!

I hope the patch works well for you... I don't wish my disappointment and frustration on anyone.
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:19 am

Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

The increase in fps is a good attempt. The game engine still sucks and the game still does not V-SYNC. I think that is one of the main problems. If you have jedi knight 2 outcast, go into the game options and turn off v-sync. You will see that it plays like Morrowind. That will give you a good idea what i am talking about. I hope the devs of this game arent hand me downs from Everquest. They just do not seem to know what they are doing. Still good improvements, i can live with it now.
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:23 am
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I've been having troubles noticing the effect of the difficluty slider though. It started at 0 for me and I've been pushing it upwards by tens but nothing seems to happen. Of course, I am only up to 50 or so by now, but still.. Everything dies from 2 blows with my (brand new) Daedric katana. Strange.
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:26 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3