Help With Gothic 2 (secret library)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
poohead8989
Village Leader
Village Leader

Help With Gothic 2 (secret library)

Hey everyone I need some help trying to find Xardas's secret library if anyone knows please tell me.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:08 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Welcome

The entrance to the catacombs is in the downstairs room behind a bookshelf. It's the room where you found the book Halls of Irdorath. Use ctrl on the lamp at the back of the room to open it.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:47 am
poohead8989
Village Leader
Village Leader

Still Need Help After That

HEY THANKS FOR THE REPLIE, BUT I STILL NEED HELP. I HAVE GOT THE BOOK CALLED THE HALLS OF IRDARATH AND I HAVE OPENED IT. I GOT A KEY WHAT DOOR DO I OPEN OR WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:56 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Once you've found the entrance to the catacombs, go down, kill all the skeletons and a skeleton mage and eventually you find a door that the key goes too. Open the door, kill the demons and that's the secret library. Read everything you find in there and be on your way.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:08 am
poohead8989
Village Leader
Village Leader

The Door To The Secret Library

THANKS JMURDOCK FOR THE POST, BUT WHAT DOES THE DOOR LOOK LIKE AND WHAT IS IT CLOSE TOO.I NEED AS MUCH HELP AS I CAN GET,BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN LOST AT THIS PART FOR DAYS.

THANKS
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:18 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Dude please don't use all caps. It's annoying. Thanks.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:28 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Ok, the room where you retrieved the book. There's a lamp with a crate in front of it, stand on the crate use ctrl on the lamp. The bookshelf should swing away. Go down and follow the catacombs like any maze, follow thw right wall killing skeletons as you go. Eventually you fin a room with a skeleton mage and a couple skeletons in it. Would suggest you save as skelly mages have ice block if you didn't know this already. The door opposite the entrance is the one the key goes to. Follow the hall down and to the left to three skeletons. After that you see a doorway and a room with 2 demons and a demon lord. Would suggest you use your bow or crossbow as they can't get you through the door if you're back far enough. Once the demons are dead, go into the room and read everything you find. There should be a dusty book, an almanac, a potion and a sea chart for sure. There's a blank rune if you are a paladin. The almanac gives guild specific instructions for getting the best armor and the best weapon.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:28 am
poohead8989
Village Leader
Village Leader

writing back

I have done all of that and I told pyrocar that I have the book. What do I do next?I have kill the demons and skeletons and all of that.What do I do after all of this.Who do i talk to? By the way, how do I get crew members for the ship?

thanks
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:56 am
poohead8989
Village Leader
Village Leader

to mage of fire

sorry about the caps lock. im new at rpg dot
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:58 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You haven't said what guild you are. It would be easier. But here goes.

Ok that means you read the almanac right? If you are a paladin you have to retrieve the armor. The rune the almanac talks about is a teleport to a secret room that only opens from the inside. Construct the rune at the rune table in the library and use it to find the armor and a few other things. Be sure to have holy water other than Ulthar's holy water. Then reconsecrate your sword with the tears of Innos.

If you are a dragon hunter. Go back to Bennet and tell him about the new way to make armor. He will sell you heavy for 20000 gp. The dragon slayer you make yourself with raw steel, ore and dragon blood.

To get crew members, talk to all the named characters. If it's possible to bring them an option will come up about leaving the island. Possible people are Lester Diego, Milten, Gorn, Lee, Bennet, Angar, Raoul, Lares, Vatras, Mario, Wolf, Biff and maybe some others I don't know about.

Then you have to choose a captain. Possibles are Jack from the lighthouse, Jorgen from the monastery, and Torlof from Onar's farm. Each has a quest associated with getting them to join.

Once you do all that get on board the ship by either pulling rank as paladin or mage, or using the letter from the judge as a dragon hunter. Then, you may find Girion at the end of the wharf and if you say you need the ship he will come with you too.

That's all. Talk to your captain, give him the chart, and he gives you a key to the captains cabin, approach the bed and you are on your way.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:10 am
poohead8989
Village Leader
Village Leader

right back

Im am a dragon hunter sorry for not telling you i have talk to most of these people and none of them saying anything about joining my crew.i got the heavy dragon armor and i have learned how to forge ore weapons.i have never been this stuck in a game befor! well i dont know what to do?
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:23 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You did not read the sea map.
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:29 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Did you actually read the sea chart? I just thought of that.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:30 am
poohead8989
Village Leader
Village Leader

sea chart?

what is the sea chart and where coulld i find it?
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:38 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

No wonder. In the secret library, there is a table with some stuff on it. One of the things is the sea chart. Pick it up and look at it. You'll be on your way then. Unless you've sold it or something. Then, if you don't find it or found it and sold it, you have to either remember who you could have sold it to or insert it with marvin mode.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:45 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next