Dragon Egg....WTH?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
NeWFnlou
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dragon Egg....WTH?

Hi, I downloaded the walkthrough and read that if you have the book "races of Arx" then you know how many scales a dragon has and you can purchase an Egg from her. Well, I have been to the Library in the Castle and I have been to the Library of Enduram and neither one has that book. So THEN I read that the other option is that you can simply kill the dragon and take an egg. So I went back and killed the dragon. Once she is dead , however, I search her corpse and nothing but bones and gems.....NO EGG!?!?!?! So I see these purple things hanging from the ceiling and one appears to be missing. So are THESE the "eggs"? And if so, How the heck do I get them down? I cannot seem to get to the cave hole where the dragon ermerges as it is too high and I can't knock them down with fireballs. I need this damn egg so WTH????

Also, my character said something like "I remember reading about that in one of the tomes" when the Dragon asked me how many scales she had. Does that mean I actually HAVE read the book and should know already??? P.S. - I have about 2,700 gold coins I think, which she says is "an insult" and not enough. I just as soon kill her if it would give me the damn egg. Also, I KNOW I don't have the egg already because the Sister keeps telling me I need it
Post Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:38 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I don't think you actually need to read the book to give him the proper amount - you just need enough money - which you don't. The book is indeed in Arx's library in the castle.

I didn't try killing him yet so I don't know about that.
Post Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:24 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Yes, you read the book, and if yo had enuf money, then you would get an egg from her.

Now that you killed the mother, just walk to an egg, and "Shift"+Use it. The egg will go into you inventory.
Post Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:58 pm
NeWFnlou
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks!

I didn't realize I could just add the egg! I thought I'd be stealing it from her belly as you can't knock it down with fireballs LOL!
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:04 am
Greb Jnnayr
Village Leader
Village Leader

I used teleknesis to get the eggs down.
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:26 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

I had more than enough gold but when I would double click my gold pouch and then select to give it to the dragon the char would say something like "I know not how many scales a dragon has" You have to read the book first and am pretty sure you have to give the gold in this manner
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:13 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Cool, ok, so you do need to read the book - and probably read the proper page too
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:07 pm