Usergroups
Spent a really weird night at the OC...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

...ultimately to test my new RAM chip (Gothic crashed every two minutes on my machine, but after a while Word did the same... and then the IE.. then the Media Player... and so on, so I decided to exchange the RAM chip).

Now to test the new chip I just loaded an older save game of my first tour around when I just had been promoted to shadow at the Old Camp and simply wandered around for a whole game night without doing anything useful.

I watched the following completely unimportant things happen that night:

1) Scorpio was the first guard to go off-duty; he left training at about 8:00 PM and went straight to the dorm.

2) Cutter and his heavy armor managed to block the whole stairwell at the guard barracks, so eight very patient guards waited in the queue behind him for hours until I decided to push Cutter upstairs and everyone could go to sleep.

3) Scorpio got a bit confused after one of his nightly bedroom meals and went to sleep in the bunk next to his, which didn't keep its owner from sleeping there as well.

4) Thorus (who's living at Gomez' place) went off-duty at 11:00 PM and decided to stand in his 4-bed room for the next few hours, watching the wall while I emptied his tresure chest.

5) Bartholo left the throne room at 1:00 AM and jogged a bit through the Tower, visited Thorus who still stood and stared at the wall drinking beer, then he finally left to sit in his own room and watch me loot his chest.

6) Diego left his hut at exactly 3:42 AM and visited the fallen tower at the south gate; he sat down on one of those four stools and waited there until 5:15 AM (meanwhile I robbed his hut). Then he went back to his hut.

7) I visited Fire Mage Central after that; the guys were up early, though, and one of them chased me out, threatening to char me with a fireball if I didn't leave.

Shortly after 6:00 AM I returned to Thorus' room and decided to spend the rest of the 'night' there, wondering if he would at least complain if I lay down on his cot. He didn't complain; all he did was go to bed at exactly the same moment. For some reason we didn't fit there together - prolly his heavy armor, so I was pushed to the floor and slept there in front of Thorus' bed until morning.

Well, the night served its purpose ; it proved that it must indeed have been my old RAM chip locking up my machine time and time again, for this whole (un-)action took quite some (real) time, and my computer didn't crash once.

P.S. Thorus' teeth are much better than Scorpio's.
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:17 pm
Xandrius
Village Leader
Village Leader

lol
Gratz to your new Ramchip!
But how could you get out the time in the game?
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 3:33 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

was wondering the SAME thing hehe
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:09 pm
Chyren
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

by seeing the journal hehe ya have the time there and how many game hours ya played
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:29 pm
[WoG]Malek
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, the thing with the time is no problem. (I know it`s working in the german version, but I`m not sure it will do the same in the english version).
Simply go to the character screen (recently the "B" button) and type "clock" without the ".
Now a small clock should appear in the upper left corner.

Have Fun
Malek

[ This Message was edited by: [WoG]Malek on 2002-01-25 10:30 ]
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:29 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

haha learn something new EVERY day
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:37 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Chyren's right, I looked up game world time in the Journal.

What astonished me most was why so many people got up so often during the night to eat. Their bunks must be full of crumbs.
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 5:07 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

When you upgrade your system the next time remember to make some screenshots.
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 5:21 pm
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Good work Jaz. Some useful information.
I sure hope that you used "southpark" and sped through the night, and not spend it in real time.
Question, what about the guard in Gomez castle, the one guarding the swords and chests opposite the kitchen. Does he ever leave his post? Even to take a pee?
What about Stone and Chip?
BTW glad you got your ram problem cleared up.
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 6:19 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Unfortunately I didn't dare to switch applications while spending the night so the only screenie I have is the following (yes, I spent part of the night possessing people and have them strip - don't forget the night was pretty boring after all since I didn't use southpark.
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=110726

Oh, I don't know about Skip, but Stone sleeps on the lower barracks floor along with some guards. He gets really mad when you wake him, by the way - he chased me around with his sword...

The guard who watches the chests didn't leave his post,you're right there.

Unfortunately (II) I don't remember what Gomez' watchdogs did, but I believe they didn't leave the living room at all.

Unfortunately (III) I'm afraid the RAMchip didn't solbve the problem after all... today my machine started crashing again.

[ This Message was edited by: Jaz on 2002-01-25 18:11 ]
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 6:27 pm
El Ratoncito
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That is quite the interesting story you have there. Perhaps we should try and do that in all camps? Speaking of all camps, I never got the chance to explore the 'thug' camp, is there anything worth seeing/doing in there? I walked in once by accident (looking for a mountain troll), and died from about 5 arrows hitting me at the same time.
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 6:34 pm
MightyDeer
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

*Spoiler*

Thug camp people didn't do anything interesting, day and night, they stand at the same place doing almost nothing.
I read post about they are part of an unfinish story line and should affect your game at all.
So I lead the troll to them hopefully to see a good killing, Well the Thugs ran like crazy..
I just love what how smart these NPCs are.
After that I just kill them all. Not too must fun, but anything for XP.
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 6:57 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Personally, I wondered why Diego left his hut at night and went to the fallen tower. It was as if he waited there for someone, and there ARE three more seats at the tower. Maybe 'The Four' used to meet there once...?
Post Sat Jan 26, 2002 12:28 am
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

perhaps..
so many things never completed.. taken out etc..

- Se7en
Post Sat Jan 26, 2002 6:02 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Geez, I wish I had taken a screenshot of those guys hot-bedding at the barracks...
Post Sat Jan 26, 2002 2:47 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next