Should I be killing snake women now?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Should I be killing snake women now?

I am at a place in level 6 with a lot of snake women. I got here by climbing the walls on level 3 and jumping from one hidden room at the top to another which led to a staircase connection (click on the little white icon in the upper right corner.) This brought me to a small area where I had to crouch in order to move into a room. I got caught in a trap moving in, but nothing major. I was able to loot two nice chests. Then I clicked the colored knobs that took down the force shield. When I stepped into that room I was attacked by three snake women.

At this point in the game I'm supposed to be finding the shield for Alia to trade for Krahoz.

The snake lady in the library is a friend. I don't want to alienate her. But I'm having fun here, fire bombing the snake women and running out where they can't pursue. Guess snakes can't crouch:) Plus, the treasure is nice.

Will I break anything by doing this part now?
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:46 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Snake Women

Don't kill them!! If you want and have the skills, you can rob the chests in that room. You never attack these ladies unless they attack you. I could give you more details but that would be a big spoiler. I never spoil unless asked. Just keep playing and all will be revealed.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:39 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: Snake Women

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
Don't kill them!! If you want and have the skills, you can rob the chests in that room. You never attack these ladies unless they attack you. I could give you more details but that would be a big spoiler. I never spoil unless asked. Just keep playing and all will be revealed.

Oh dear. They attacked me as soon as I entered the room that had been guarded by the force field. But I guess I'll have to restore and pass up most of the good loot for now.

I never attack anything that doesn't attack me first. I've been putting off doing the quest to kill all the water/earth goblins for that reason. I can't quite decide it's worth 2500 XP to me to attack one or the other. I wish I knew which of them was attacking the trolls in that same section. That might be cause enough. However, while I was trying to identify the goblins, the troll finished them off:)

BTW, I did get two of the chests open but not the third. That was before trying to enter the next room and provoking the snake ladies.

Thanks for the info.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:32 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Killing snake women( Spoiler)

You did right. Take what you can and come back later when lockpicking skills are up and steal the rest, just don't go in the next room and don't let them see you. As for the clans, ( Spoiler) kill either one you want, just do it after they both have asked you to kill the other. Then you will get some goodies. If you wait til the right time, you can find the Twin traders have been killed and take all the stuff they had back from the Goblins. Don't kill the clans until the Twins are dead. It pays off well
Mark Twain
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:44 pm