Regaining Magika
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
ZaZen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Regaining Magika

Magika potions aren't too common and it can take 20+ hours to fully recover Magika from resting. Alchemy doesn't help much because the required ingredients are rare. Is recovering Magika supposed to be so difficult or am I missing something? Many thanks.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:40 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

There are signs that change this. They allow you to regen magicka more quickly or to regen it from monsters etc.
So if you want to be mage or if you plan to use a lot magicka, you must choose sign appropriate for it.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 7:06 pm
ZaZen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Regenerating Magika

I wasn't aware any sign helped you recover Magika. I know the Attronarch(sp?) prevents it. Which sign(s) allow you to recover Magika faster?
Post Mon May 13, 2002 7:17 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, I was talking about Atronachr.
I am not sure now if other sign allows you to regen magicky faster, I thought I heard it somewhere, but I do not have this game yet, so I can ot check it.
Please someone with game, answer this question...
Post Mon May 13, 2002 8:34 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Ok, I think, it was not truthful from me.
The Apprentice and The Mage allows you to gain some advantages as mage, but I think this advantage is more magicka and not quicker regen magicka.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 8:37 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

By the way, if you join the Mages Guild then you get access to the Guild's members chest. This chest contains among other things - 10 Standard Restore Magicka Potions. Each Mages Guild has these potions. The chests are replenished from time to time.

The Atronarch is the only sign that effects Magicka Regeneration.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 9:15 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

this is one of my major MW grips. whoever thought up the majicka regeneration didn't do a very good job of it. in one of my earlier posts i complained about the inability of mages to be in touch with majicka while awake. i don't get it. is majicka locked deep in the recesses of a mages subconscious and he/she is therefore unable to refill while awake? the regeneration system needs some serious reworking. by the way, why does fatigue refill without resting? why can't magicka work like fatigue? does anyone have any info on a patch that would allow magicka to regain in a similar fashion?
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Tue May 14, 2002 4:01 pm
Cuular

magicka regen

Check in the mods forums here. Somewhere there is one that regens magicka one point per a second.

But the whole idea is that you have to carefully consider what you are going to use your magicka on. Not just blast at every little spider crawling around. pick up a dagger and some light armor and go learn to swing those arms in battle instead of just waving them and talking
Post Tue May 14, 2002 4:38 pm

Viya
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by txiabxyooj
this is one of my major MW grips. whoever thought up the majicka regeneration didn't do a very good job of it. in one of my earlier posts i complained about the inability of mages to be in touch with majicka while awake. i don't get it. is majicka locked deep in the recesses of a mages subconscious and he/she is therefore unable to refill while awake? the regeneration system needs some serious reworking. by the way, why does fatigue refill without resting? why can't magicka work like fatigue? does anyone have any info on a patch that would allow magicka to regain in a similar fashion?

Technically, I don't find it any different than AD&D where you can only learn a certain number of spells per day based on your level. Once those spells have been caste, you must rest in order to "re-learn" them. The Final Fantasy series uses the same method in Morrowind since you have to rest in order to regain the mana. I think you are used to First Person Shooters like Heretic and Jedi Knight where mana is regenerated on the fly. Note however, that this is not a FPS.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 5:25 pm
moondrago
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi people ,well this one is not hard get your alchemy ablibly up and then you have potions all the time right now i have like 50 magckia potions on me and they are 14 points for 117 seconds you cant beat that plus if you use a fortify magicka potion that will push your amount of magicka points even higher,also use a fortify intelligence potions and then you can go even higher ...all of these potions stack so if i take 3 fortify int and they give me 10 points each and i start with a 100 int ...i am now at 130 int and my magicka points will be increase also ....i have had 700 magicka points at one time before i go into a big fight .......learn the alchemy ....if you want the name of the ingeringes for restore magicka or int ask in the spoilers i have a list of all of them ....but they cost a lot 75,100,200 for 3 differ ones

hope this helped
Post Tue May 14, 2002 5:47 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by txiabxyooj

What your not considering is that the term "rest" does not necessarily mean that you are sleeping. You need to meditate in order to regenerate magicka.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:10 pm
yeesh
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

This does bug me a bit. I'm thinking of a nice pure mage for my next character, and I don't want use Astronach this time because it makes me feel cheap and tawdry. However, I don't know if playing a snoozy grandpa mage who needs to nap after every 2nd or 3rd fight sits well with me either.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 2:00 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I'm the one who wrote the magicka regen plug-in (someone else may have written another. Haven't checked). I haven't uploaded it anywhere because I beta test all my plug-ins extensively... and I've been having too much fun with my dwarves and ogres to make a mage.

Basically I changed the Sign of the Mage to restore 2 Magicka per second and the Sign of the Apprentice to restore 1 magicka per second. I figure that if you want to play a combat caster you shouldn't have to rely on that dagger. Some people just want a 'never lifted a thing with my physical body mage'. I built it assuming that 50 or 100 magicka to be typical... evidently 200 + is... so it's still possibly faster to teleport or hit the rest button than wait three minutes. Still... if you're walking from town to town or there are more than three minutes between fights (only a minute or so for the mage).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed May 15, 2002 2:15 pm
ZAM
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: magicka regen

quote:
Originally posted by Cuular
Check in the mods forums here. Somewhere there is one that regens magicka one point per a second.

But the whole idea is that you have to carefully consider what you are going to use your magicka on. Not just blast at every little spider crawling around. pick up a dagger and some light armor and go learn to swing those arms in battle instead of just waving them and talking

I dont agree with your statements. First of all if a fighter type can recover from fatigue then why is a mage not allowed to do the same with mana? Some of us dont want to swing a sword we want to live a life of a pure mage. That is a disadvantage for us. Potions to restore are pretty common however, at least they are for me, but i am only just starting out so i dont have a huge mana pool yet either.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:02 pm
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Mental Power is a bit more complex as fatigue. Sitting on a rock will allow you to heal some stamina, but ofcourse no mana. This would make mages way too strong. You would just need to wait three hours and off you go again. Dont worry mages are at a disadvantage, they are harder to play, but potentially more rewarding in the end.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:36 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next