Oliver, Chickenman Whatever!!!????
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Oliver, Chickenman Whatever!!!????

I have had nothing but trouble and confusion with this quest. I read the walkthrough and the way the clues are numbered contradicts what is written. I was told by a great person here that it doesn't matter if you get all the clues. The quest can still be completed. Why is it so difficult?? I put the emerald in and received the 1st clue. Not to hard and found it. The second clue took a liitle more time but doable. Now the third is totally confusing. I ended up finding a key to the other chest in the Oliver cave and got a ring. The walkthrough talks about a complicated brew to make and turn chickenman back. I have the book and read a few documents but can't find that. Where did the brew come from and why is it so difficult? I don't care about the prize but need the points.
Did everything else so far and the only thing left is to defeat
Akbaa. I want to have as much help here as possible not to mention I would really like to see the conclusion of the Chickenman quest. Please help!!!!!
Post Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:20 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Help (Spoilers)

Hawk, if you found the key, you finished Oliver's Quest. The Chicken quest is a totally different thing and in different place. The chicken you need to use the potion on is in the crypt. Did you find one there and did you make the potion? I'm not sure what help you want on this one. The potion is made in the tavern. You need to go behind the counter and put the stuff in the cauldron. First put leek in, then a carrot, then a dragon egg, then use a bottle of water on the cauldron and it should now say the bottle of water is a "strange potion". Now find the chicken in the crypt, cast reveal, or have helm of poxillis on, and see him as human form, then use the potion on him as a chicken and watch him change to human form again and talk to you. Talk to him two more times and he will then explode and you get a prize. Hope this helps.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:33 am
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

cmckj50 that helps a lot as I thought it was the same quest. I am wondering how or where you get the list of ingredients for the potion. I know it's in the walkthrough but there must be some other way.
I did do reveal on the chicken in the crypt and it turned into a man for a short time.
Also had a dragon egg for the sword and used it. Does this mean I have to try to try to kill the dragon now to get another egg?

Thanks for the help again!!
Post Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:45 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Answers

I got the list from the walkthrough, but it is suppose to be in the book about the werechicken that you get in the library at the castle. Or I might have found it in the caves. It is Lord Inuits diary. Yes, you have to kill the dragon. Save first, and if you are at the point of being ready to kill Akbaa, the dragon should not be too much of a problem, and it's more Exp's points. It does take a long time to kill him so have a few life potions with you. Since you have seen the chicken man I think all you will have to do now is use potion on him. But save there too just incase it wants you to reveal him first. Have fun.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:09 pm