Build MY Stronghold Quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Build MY Stronghold Quest

There is a man in Balmora named Dondos Driler. He is offering to build me a stronghold at the site of the old Rethan Manor. He tells me I must first get a land deed and construction contract from Baren Alen. Baren Alen is a man located in the Hlaalu Vaults in Vivec.

I went to Baren Alen and the only thing he has to say about a land deed is something about needing to figure out how he is going to sell it.

What do I do to get the land deed and construction contract? I am assuming this is a fairly popular quest if you really get your own stronghold. I could use some thorough instructions regarding this quest. Thank you.

Post Extras:

altmer_exile10
(Acolyte)
09/15/02 07:59 PM
Re: Build me a stronghold... quest [re: SirDeity] Reply

Click the barter button at the top when you're talking to him. The land deed is the only item he sells.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Post Extras:

SirDeity
(Novice)
09/15/02 08:05 PM
Re: Build me a stronghold... quest [re: SirDeity] Edit Reply

Nothing shows up. There is an option of Barter, but it shows he is selling nothing. It is possible I bought it from him earlier in the game when I was just exploring and sold it? Am I screwed? I'll go look for it and come back in a jippy. BRB...
Post Extras:

SirDeity
(Novice)
09/15/02 08:33 PM
Re: Build me a stronghold... quest [re: SirDeity] Edit Reply

I'm not sure exactly what it was called. I'm guessing it is the Rethan Manor Land Deed?? The only deeds I have on me are:

Rethan Manor Land Deed

Deed to Indrele's House

Ascadian Isles Land Deed

Are any of those the item that Baren Alen sold? If so, what are the other deeds I listed used for?

If the Rethan Manor Land Deed is the deed I need, then how do I get the contract as the last remaining item needed before Dondos Driler will build the stronghold for me? As of right now, the only contract I have is the:

Weapons Armer Contract

That doesn't sound like I contract I need. How do I get it? What next?
[/i]
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 1:46 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

So far as I can remember, you have to get the deed from an Imperial Noble in his Ebonheart Castle.
Post Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:33 am