Usergroups
Couple of questions!!!!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

First of all...magnificent game, i played the demo to death and i finally bought it today..it finally got released over here in holland

it's amazig how big the whole gothic world is..i just explored the new camp, talked to the weed bhaal guy and Lares and lee.. i have 3 spells now ..but i can't use them..cause i don't have enough points to use spells...and i have the same when i ask someone to train me one-handed skills...how can i get higher points so i can do all this stuff..???
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 10:39 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

to learn 1handed weapon skill you need skillpoints, you get 10 skillpoints for every lvl you go up.
Spells you need to select, before you can use them.
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 10:50 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

But what do i have to do for example get accepted in the castle or in the new camp as an worker?? and you didn't explain HOW i can get points to use magic spells...i have learned one-handed weapon skill 1 now..and i have 3 spells too..but i can't use them, because the lack of the points for using magic..
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 1:24 am

To use spell scrolls, you must have enough available mana points (the blue bar on the right opposite your life bar). You start out with five. If you look in your inventory and select the spell scroll it will tell you how many mana points it will take to use the scroll. Some spell scrolls are "investment" spells and some are "chargeable" spells. These spell scrolls do not use a specific amount of mana points.

The easiest way to increse your mana points in the begining of the game is to see Cronos in the New Camp and tell him you need more magic power. You will need skill points to do this just like any other training in the game.

To be let into the castle in the Old Camp, you will need to do things for the important people in the camp. If you speak to Gravo in the Old Camp down by the little pond just to the right of the entrance of the castle, he can tell you who they are. Once you have done the things these important people have told you to do, see Diego and he will tell you what to do.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:43 am

bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

So if i'm right, the game is so amazingly big, you can join the New camp if you want..or you can work for the bastard Gomez..then this game has multiple endings i guess?? great that the developers made it so big..sometimes i just don't know where to go or what to do next...it's hard to make a decision..working for old camp means working for the king ...where you can't do things you want..new camp means not having a real boss...and not much bullieng around..BUT there's no law there..hehe this game really is a living world by itself.

one more thing, where can i find that Sect camp??? and if you exit the new camp and go to your right you will climb up an mountain..up there is a group of dangerous dino's it seems....there are alot of creatures i can't fight with yet..cause i'm just too weak..and what things did you people do in the beginning to get better experience points , all i do is killing a digger or Scavenger/molerats but after awhile the creatures that i killed are gone ...and it seems they don't return after i sleep awhile...so they don't respawn..best way to get exp. points in the start of the game???
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 11:32 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

To get experience points in the early part of the game, walk around the old camp and talk to everyone that has a name (other than digger, guard, etc.) Most of these people have tasks or quests that they would like you to do. After you do these tasks, report back to the person that assigned the task to you and then you will be awarded points. Keep in mind, during the early part of the game, skill points are hard to get, and should be used accordingly. Don't waste them.

Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:24 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Oh you forgot to tell me where the Sect camp is..i really wanna check it out..i only seen the new camp and old camp..
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:47 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

and how does the sneaking/stealing work??
everytime i sneak up on someone and i try to steal something,it says : cannot be stolen from...sup with that?
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 1:05 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

To tell you the truth, I don't know if you can pickpocket. I just beat someone up and then take their stuff while they are knocked out. I use sneak to go where I'm not supposed to go.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 1:20 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

There's a weird thing in gothic...i am following Bhaal Parvez to the swamp camp..and on the way when he kills creatures i get the experience points
the crashes really get annoying though..i just had it 2 times crashing...and all the same...Parvez kills a bee ..crash to windows...another kill for a scavenger...crash again...damn.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:32 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2001-12-30 08:32, bigkabuto wrote:
There's a weird thing in gothic...i am following Bhaal Parvez to the swamp camp..and on the way when he kills creatures i get the experience points
the crashes really get annoying though..i just had it 2 times crashing...and all the same...Parvez kills a bee ..crash to windows...another kill for a scavenger...crash again...damn.

You should know the direction by now, so don't ask him and see what happens.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:36 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Allright, i have brought Dusty to the swamp camp...i talked to tondral and he said i could get my novice robe...when i go to chor kalom i tell him that..but then it says..level of admission : 5 my level is at 4 how can i get to 5 i REALLY want to be a part of the swamp camp finally...
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 8:33 pm