Sacred: First Impressions @ Warcry
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Sacred: First Impressions @ Warcry

Warcry has tossed up a 'Sacred' <a href="http://www.warcry.com/scripts/columns/view_sectionalt.phtml?site=15&id=117&colid=2294" target="_blank">Quick Take</a> - a short impressions article. Here's a taste:<blockquote><em>Let's get something out of the way. Sacred was always going to be compared with Diablo I and II. Now, that's an insanely high watermark to top, but terrible flood metaphors aside, you probably want some facts. So here are some facts: Sacred is by Ascaron entertainment, a European developer. Sacred is not as close to Blizzard's action RPG offerings as you might think, but Sacred is still rather good.</em></blockquote>
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:52 pm
araczynski
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

no doubt Sacred isn't close to D2, its way better. D2 was a POS when it came out, outdated choppy graphics with absolutely no focus on anything other then MP for kiddies.

Sacred has beautiful graphics/sound and atmosphere. As for the MP aspect of it, personally I don't care, cuz I'll never buy games for the MP.

Just remember how many years it took blizzard to get that D2 POS to the (still POS in my opinion) state it is today, with Sacred starting on a completely higher level the game will put D2 10' under where its belonged since day 1.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:57 pm
GothicDrak
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
So here are some facts: (...) Sacred is not as close to Blizzard's action RPG offerings as you might think, but Sacred is still rather good.

so this is a fact?
Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:07 pm