Members
Usergroups
Dont bash Morrowind so much..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Torm

Dont bash Morrowind so much..

I have a AMD Athlon 1.2g, 384mb ram, G4 MX440 overclocked to equivalent of a G4 TI, core = 290 memory = 500. And I dont have any problems really with the game graphiclly, and If I do, I just lower the view distance. Though I admit *some* of the animations could be worked on, and wouldnt hurt the character models either, but my biggest note is the 'walking' animation for humanoid races... I dont know about you but when I walk I dont lean back and sway my arms up to my chest and sway my shoulders, with my hands wide open like im carrying two ballons, as I try to march in a band but suck at it, or im purposly doing a bad imiation of Arnold Schwartznegger walking (wow did I spell thar right? ) The running animation, good, attack animations, pretty good, spellcasting..pretty good. NPC voice variety is also good for the massive amount of NPCs there are, some people may suggest them 'mindless' because they all say "Outlander, what do you want?" or something of that sort, but lets be reasonble here, do you know what it would take to give all those NPCs unique 'greetings' and voice-overs? its just not logical, cut em some slack, I mean have you opend the editor and seen how much dialog and unique voiced dialog there is, not to mention the enourmes amount of interactive NPCS. They deserve credit for that. And people who complain about females not having 'pretty faces'... remeber this isnt eq, where women walk around with double D (DD) sized breast and fake lips with dyed hair. Yes they arent perfect, but dont bash them because you cant get off on the female models. I played EQ so I honestly like the combat system, and the no HP bar for enemies isnt a biggie either, also you can tell if you hit via the sounds your enemy makes not just the 'puff' of blood, its more realistic(along with the color pallet), which it seems Morrowind is striving for, but they do not sacrifice reality for gameplay in most issues, as any good developer would. After I played EQ for 2-3 years, then afer that I played Dark Age of Camlot for about 5-6months, Morrowind made me quit Dark Ages, im a hardcore fan of MMORPGS, but after EQ lost its magic, and I lost my greatest friends...DAOC was the only thing there to cary me on. But once I got ahold of Morrowind it quickly changed my mind, and now is now currently my favorite game since I was with my buddies back in EQ.....I think majority people who miss MMORPGs miss it the most for their community & their friends, and not nessicarily the acual game... but thats a whole side story alltogether. Praise Morrowind and Bethedsa for a job well done (pretty much) and just hope for that patch to tweak it up a bit. When judging Morrowind, judge it with logic, respect, and most importantly...well thought out, un-biased opinions and common sense

This is just my brief saying on the matter, I could go into intensive detail, but dont feel like writing an artical longer then your average short-story, hehe.
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 6:50 am

Torm

Yes this was originally posted as a reply to a thread, but I felt it was important and made it an acual Topic
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:01 am

Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

The models,gameplay, combat system even the whole game is fine. Its just the graphic engine blows hardcore.
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 9:33 pm

You're joking right? Combat system fine? How can it be fine when the AI sucks?
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:17 pm

Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

The ai sux to a point. When you are fighting i dont see anyting wrong with it.
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 10:57 pm