Question regarding the boots of blinding speed *spoilerish*
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Question regarding the boots of blinding speed *spoilerish*

Last night I acquired the 'boots of blinding speed' by completing a quest. The description of the boots indicates Speed x 200 and Blind x 100. I thought that meant that if I put the boots on, I would travel fast but I would be blind (as in, a blacked out computer screen).

However, when I put the boots on, my screen dims a bit, but I can still see perfectly fine... and, I get a very fast rate of movement (which is sooooo nice by the way).

My question is, aren't the boots of blinding speed supposed to blind you?
Post Mon May 13, 2002 4:50 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I never bothered to use them myslef, but I assumed that the spell effect blind reduces your chance to hit. So blind 100% would reduce your chance to hit by 100%. Have you tried combat with the boots on?

Developer's might not have wanted to make you litterally blind.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:11 pm
KPeh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

They wont blind you entirely if your race has a resistance to Magicka (eg, Bretons, which you are probably one).
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:11 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ah!

I am in fact a Breton! I will also have to see how well I can fight if I wear the boots. If I stink when I fight it's a small matter to remove them during combat.

Hyperion, just a question, but why in God's name would you not wear these boots??? I can't even imagine playing without them now. If it's an armor rating you're worried about, you can always swap the boots out quickly when you fight. Just wondering why you don't wear them.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:51 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm not worried about armor rating. I was worried about my chance to hit. Besides, I'm not breton, I'm Khajiit.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:05 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Worried about to-hit also

Hyperion I'm worried about to-hit wearing the boots of blinding speed myself. Until I figure out exactly how those boots affect me during battle, I've just been quickly swapping them out during battles.

Since you can travel a lot between battles, it isn't too much of a headache. Personally, I feel that the headache of having to swap boots does not outweigh the speed advantage the boots provide. Just my 2 cents.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:43 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well, I know where to buy them if I need them again (I sold them in Balmora).
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:58 pm
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I have these but man as soon as i equip them my screen goes black, a way to work around this is to make your map sticky, and if you explored the area you can see where your going via the map.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 7:41 pm
KPeh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperion
I'm not worried about armor rating. I was worried about my chance to hit. Besides, I'm not breton, I'm Khajiit.

i think Khajiit's have a 25% resistance to Magicka.

And the chances to hit etc are exactly the same.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 7:56 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

i am playing a dark elf & when i throw on the boots everything goes totally black. but, considering the reputation of this merchant in town i guess you get what you bargain for!
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Fri May 17, 2002 4:14 pm

Beast races can't wear shoes/boots making them pointless if you are one.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 5:37 am

hmm I can't/just won't run into this quest... can someone give me a pointer towards the quest giver...
*Spoilish Belower*
*spoiler*
(everyone?)Medium armor wearers might want to open de closet on the same floor as Tel Fyr in his stronghld... It holds a medium 60% constant resist magicka chest piece... Get yourselfa locksplitter scroll and open it Maybe the key can even be found, but I just missed it... If you put it on and then the boots, you would still see for a bit I guess...
Post Sun May 19, 2002 10:33 am