Usergroups
hi from the developers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

heheh thats the magic key to Gothic man if u could get out of one guild and take another and after that maybe again something new then it would make no sence everyone would do it there. PB should leave that system like it is cos it rules right now allready
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:17 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

But it doesnt. I almost stopped playing gothic because I was stuck in a guild because I didnt make the right choice. But that wasnt really my fault because I was mislead into thinking they were the most interesting magic users.

and I never said you could finish one guild and go to another. There is still going to be a timeline, so if you start with one guild and stick with them a few chapters, then when you go to another guild you will continue from the current chapter. you wouldnt be able to do that guilds tasks from the previous chapters.

you would obviously be at a dissadvantage because the kind of tasks you would need to do for the new guild would be difficult since you didnt learn the correct skills. And thats what keeps it balanced. You have the choice but you are penalized.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:26 pm
chillingfields
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi Kairo,

I too want to thank you & your colleagues for both great Gothic games. I was somewhat of a Gothic-junkie when playing. One of the best things of gothic 2 was the return to the old mining camp. It really felt as somewhat of a homecoming, and I enjoyed that.

About the voiceacting - I felt the hero was actually not a very nice guy. Whenever he wanted to talk to someone he would just say "HEY!" or something, he was pretty rude.

Anyway, keep up the good work, we're really looking forward to the next episode... if it's not in English, I still have the possibility to play the German version, being Dutch. HA! At least that's handy about being dutch.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:02 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

I was just playing through Gothic 1 again and then I remebered those three words; "Let me pass!!" Why did you take them out of Gothic 2? Was it technical or did you just not like it?

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:25 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

quote:
Originally posted by chillingfields
Hi Kairo,

I too want to thank you & your colleagues for both great Gothic games. I was somewhat of a Gothic-junkie when playing. One of the best things of gothic 2 was the return to the old mining camp. It really felt as somewhat of a homecoming, and I enjoyed that.

About the voiceacting - I felt the hero was actually not a very nice guy. Whenever he wanted to talk to someone he would just say "HEY!" or something, he was pretty rude.

Anyway, keep up the good work, we're really looking forward to the next episode... if it's not in English, I still have the possibility to play the German version, being Dutch. HA! At least that's handy about being dutch.

Now I'm Dutch to but the only German word I know is: Darf (=funny word)

Gothic II Credits
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:33 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Thanks once again for another moron posting a spoiler in the G2 General section!
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:48 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Chekote
Thanks once again for another moron posting a spoiler in the G2 General section!

He talks about the post by Gothrinian1602 I deleted a minute ago!
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:28 am
KaiRo
Piranha Bytes
Piranha Bytes

whew, i should show up here more frequently. it gets tricky to keep track after a day or two

ok, let's get cracking:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> why was diego's voice unavaliable? (by mobster)

as far as i know, he moved to canada and would have charged a lot more money for doing the recording session in london.

>>> will you play a superhero in gothic III? (by toaster)

generally speaking, i can hardly give you details on gothic III. there are loads of gothic III-related questions, and i'll do my best to comment on them. but the more concrete they are, the smaller is the probability of an answer. sorry!

in gothic III, the hero will have a considerably glorious background. but, of course, that doesn't make the upcoming adventure a childs play for him. don't worry about that!

>>> does the loadingscreen show a location that was originally planned to be accessible? (by bartacus)

no. the loading screen is a composite image i created from the background image and the player/orc-layer. imagine the orc scene going on in front of a blue screen

>>> will there be improvements regarding the wildlife in gothic III? (by various artists)

i think so, yes. the lifelike presentation of the world is one of our key features, and we're not going any steps back in terms of that.

>>> why are there no red-colored lights in front of the brothel? (by ild12)

why didn't we hit upon that idea? you're right, lights in the red light district should be red

>>> when are we going to spill the beans out on the gothic III technology? (by jo_nik)

when you least expect it.

>>> will gothic III have the same seemlessly loaded-at-once enviromnents as the predecessors? (by jo_nik)

think so. oliver, our programmer dealing with that aspect, is going gray already, but i'm confident that he'll find a way

>>> will we recruit you guys as voice actors? (by irf)

very propably not, sorry. working with "professionals" is a hard job already, and i don't think we'd be able to finish on schedule.

>>> will there be an "evil path" in gothic III? (by irf)

i cannot give you any information on the story yet. please be patient.

>>> why does not a single piranha's voice appear in our games? (by freakie)

due to the excessive use of emails for communication, our vocal chords have regressed considerably.

>>> why the hell didn't we make weapons stackable? (by ondar)

we tried to improve that in gothic II, but that would have been a major change in the way the game handles weapons (e.g., what happens when you equip one sword from a stack of swords?). we were running out of time, but we changed that in the addon. "night of the raven" (working title) features stackable weapons, except the pickaxe

>>> what are we going to improve in terms of FMWs (cutscenes)? (by ondar)

what does the short form FMW stand for? seriously, i don't know that.

our one-man-FMW-department and ingame-animator andré hotz did a great job, but his work bears no comparison with e.g. the warcraft cutscenes, which are done by a team of full-time professionals. maybe we'll focus on ingame-cutscenes and commission freelance artists to do the rendered movies. who knows...

>>> how is the addon embedded into the original game? (by ragon)

obviously you speak german, otherwise you wouldn't be able to explore the addon-website (http://www.gothic2.com/addon - german). allow me to refer you to my statement in the german jowood-forum. here's the link: http://forum.jowood.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=541934

------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you for your participation in this discussion, everybody! please keep in mind that i cannot broadcast any details about gothic III. i will comment on questions concerning gothic III very briefly, if at all.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:07 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Make an MOD Development Kit for Gothic 2 like there was for Gothic 1? I want to add some content , tougher monsters and custom made quest. It might be awhile before the add-on comes to English. Thanks for a response. If not, can I go ahead and try to make a script editor?
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:32 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by KaiRo
what does the short form FMW stand for? seriously, i don't know that.

kV*, he means Full Motion Wideo.

*= klarer Vall
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:22 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

What does Wideo mean?
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:39 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
What does Wideo mean?

Wide Screen Video? I don't know...
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:07 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

Welease Wodger! Ok I have another question (I'm going to milk this like the last cow on Earth.) Have you ever considered putting the Gothic soundtrack on the internet for download?

p.s.- The collectos edition looks good .

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:48 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

u can get pretty many soundtracks allready on official site belive me
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:08 pm
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

In Gothic 3, I'd love to see our attributes affect the look and feel of our character. As we raise our strength, our torso and biceps should grow larger. With a strength of say 150, we should have a body like Gorn =]
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:58 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next