Treasure Hunt - Spoilers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
CyberKhan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Treasure Hunt - Spoilers

Ok so I am having trouble with even the first part of the treasure hunt. I got the first clue and it says to look in the troll mines, under a rock. I scoured the mines for over an hour and moved every movable piece of anythign there. Then got frustrated, and looked at some guides in gamefaqs.com, got a map printed of the level and then read where it said 50 Treasure hunt location which is NEAR the troll mines but not in them, and still I looked there. (Its near the teleporter, on a ledge above a shoot sticking out of the ground with a body underneath.) There are no rocks and I can't find the second clue. Anyone else been able to find the second clue, and if so WHERE???? Thanks.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:10 pm
madmarcos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

it is in the troll mines past where the troll king was originally. it is in a little room where there are many pick axes strewn about. there are several rocks on the floor. kind of hard to see but its there.
now... i am having trouble finding the next clue so any help is appreciated! thanks!
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:09 am
bear
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Even when you move the stone, you have to look at the ground carefully (use a light) because only part of the note is sticking out.

I'm also having trouble with the next test. Hehe, we're worse than that dead guy at the door - he was stuck at 4!!
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:07 am
CyberKhan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Found Oliver

Ok well thanks, I'll go look again.
I found Oliver BTW. He's dead. He got stuck in level 7 Rat caves/Spider mines and then died with a note on him saying Sorry Mike I can't help you with clue 4 because it would be unfair to the other players. -Oliver
Big Nasty worm down there that takes a long time to kill too.
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:34 am
Falkentyne
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help? :(

Has anyone found the third clue yet?
I've cast reveal ALL OVER that room (where you need to use the pickaxe, below the goblin prison), but I don't see anything. Not to mention, the reveal spell seems to expire immediately....
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:01 pm
Ziggurat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The walkthrough is wrong.. the text in stone is NOT on the wall. its on the FLOOR! it's one of those stone slabs, you know the kind which have "public notice" or whatever on them sometimes. the stone is laying flush against the floor, about 3 feet diagonally northeast from the south end of the room.

i'm having trouble on the second last part, where the key is. the last clue I got was the one on the lava island. where exactly am I supposed to use the shovel on the ledge in the south east corner room of level 3? (the room with the teleporter in it). i've tried clicking like mad all over the place to no avail. I even used all my torches up trying to find it, and eventually had to resort to night vision. it is on the ledge, correct?
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:13 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

As the walkthrough says, there is no hotspot on the ground, just use the shovel itself (not on the ground), and it will "produce" the key.

BTW, don't know if I would have figured it out myself w/o the walkthrough, may be by a chance.. I can feel Mike's pain
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:59 pm
NOYB
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oliver's Key

quote:
Originally posted by Merz
As the walkthrough says, there is no hotspot on the ground, just use the shovel itself (not on the ground), and it will "produce" the key.

I'm still missing this. "Use" the shovel, as in double-click on it and then press "F", doesn't seem to do anything. Nor does making it active with a double-click and then right-clicking on anything. How about someone setting forth an exact step-by-step for us dummies? Thanks.
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:23 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

NOYB, "using" means to press the "use" button (by default "F") when the cursor is over the shovel.
Note: To get the key you just need to be in the right area.

Good luck!
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:48 pm