Members
Usergroups
You can become the Leader or all 3 Guilds simultaneously
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Cronos

You can become the Leader or all 3 Guilds simultaneously

I just finished up tonight. Becoming an Arch mage is the easiest because most of the quests don't involve other guilds. The magi are usually competing with each other and only care about getting books and sources of information, so I did that with no problem.

The problem exists with becoming a Master of the fighters guild and a Master Thief. The reason this is difficult is because at the end, you are forced to kill one of the leaders (either the FG master of the TG master) to become the master of the opposing faction. I'm sure a lot of you figured it out but for those interested, I'll spoil it for you.

The Fighter's guild master asks you to kill all of the Masterminds in the Thieves guild. Those are Sugar lips Habasi, Helende (sp) in Dirty Muriels which is in Sadrith Mora, and Aegoth the Jeweler in The Rat's pot in Ald`Ruhn. What's the problem with this? Each time you attack one of the Masterminds, you get expelled from the Thieves guild. Solution is very simple but costly. Each time you kill one of the master minds, you get expelled on top of incurring a bounty on your head for commiting a crime. All you need to do is go to one of the masterminds you havn't killed and Ask to make ammends. For a price (and yes it is very expensive; to the tune of 5000 septims) you can have them completely forget about your crimes and readmit you into the guild at whatever rank you were at prior to your expulsion.

An added bonus is that most of the masterminds also have a person near by that can take care of the "price on your head" so you also don't have to worry about the local magistrate coming for your ass to arrest you. You have to be quick and elusive (Amulet of shadows for cameleon effect is very useful for remaining hidden).

When you kill the last Mastermind, you simply need to go to Gentlemen Stacey and get absolved by him. This puts you in the final stand off. The FG master rewards you for killing the Masterminds by making you his Champion, and one rank away from Master Fighter. His only task for you is to kill Gentleman Jim Stacey, and likewise, Stacey only needs you to kill the FG master. If you do it in the proper order, you can become leaders of both guilds without being expelled. You cannot kill Stacey since he only wishes to take a vacation after you commit the final deed, thus placing you in command of the Thieves. However after completing every Fighter's guild mission, The FG leader doesn't step down so easily, you have to kill him to become the new master. So the simple solution; all you need to do is keep the door closed to the room with the FG master, and kill him inside. You will not be expelled for doing it, and killing him automatically makes you the new FG leader. Plus, because you satisfied Stacey's mission of killing the FG leader, he also puts you in charge of the Thieves.

It's long and tedious, and very expensive, but it is not impossible. I imagine the hardest challenge would be to become master of both Thieve and Cammona Tong guilds simultaneously. But I bet it's possible.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 2:38 am

Interesting... but the theive cammon tong thing is impossable (from all the info ive gathered.) as you cannot join the cammona tong , Commona tong hate foreigners, you foreigner , their entire guild revolves around killing all foreigners... i say slaughter them all once you become the master of the guilds you want , and finish any quests involving the commona tong.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 3:11 am

shame i'm in the commona tong bro
Post Sun May 26, 2002 6:50 am

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Why don't you just taunt them into attacking you...?
Post Sun May 26, 2002 1:20 pm

i am master of the fighers guild, but i never had to kill the thieves. There are 2 ways, 1 is working for that redd heart guy, or for the dude in ald'rhun. I never had the mission to kill the thieves. BUT, i tried joining the thieves guild, and they said they had standards, but i didn't met them.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 6:13 pm

Yes, it's not nearly as complicated as the original post describes. There's 2 ways to the top of the Fighter's guild: if you talk to the guild heads in Ald'ruhn and Sadrith Mora they make it clear they disagree with the current guildleader and will have you kill him instead to become GuildMaster.
Post Mon May 27, 2002 6:41 am

AlexScherr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It's also easier to become master of both Thieves and Fighters if you start as a thief. The closing missions of the thief quests only ask you to kill the grandmaster of the Fighters, while the closing missions of the fighter quests ask you to kill all of the quest givers in the Thieves. Even though you have to kill Sjoring Hard-Heart (master of fighters) at the end of the thieves, it doesn't appear to phase the fighter's guild when you go to sign up later: they let me in and do the quests, even though I'd just killed their leader.

If you start as a Thief, and finish the quests, and become a master thief, you can still go through all of the Fighter quests (even the middle one asking you to kill a Kahjitt thief on the South Canal Side of the St. Olms) without ever being expelled from the Thieves.

In fact, if you save the Ald Ruhn quest giver (Percius Mercius) I think for the last quest giver, you can avoid killing any of the fighter quest givers, except for the fighter grandmaster. As his last quest, Percius asks you to kill the fighter grandmaster (Sjoring Hard-Heart); but since I'd already killed him as the last quest of thieves, I immediately told Percius that, and he instantly appointed me master.

That's the cheaper and more efficient path to do it, with a minimum of inter-guild murder. The only thing you miss are the quests that Sjoring Hard-Heart might give you. Now I'm working on Arch-mage...

Alex
Post Mon May 27, 2002 4:05 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Can you become master of the Fighter Guild even if you kill Sjoring, the current master?

I'm asking this because from my experience with the theives' Guild only Jim Stacey gives the last quests, and if he's dead I don'T think you can even become master... but I could be wrong.
Post Mon May 27, 2002 5:33 pm
AlexScherr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ekim:

Yes, you can. I finished thieve's guild before starting fighters, and had killed Sjoring as a thief. When I started fighters guild, not only did they not mention my murder of Sjoring, but they let me all the way through. My last quest for fighters (from Percius Mercius) was to kill Sjoring as well; since I'd already done this for thieves, I didn't have to do it again. When I reported the death to Percius, he awarded me guildmaster status.

FWIW, I'm now holding leadership in thief, fighter, mage and assassin guilds, and have just started in on Redoran House. So far, no guild has slighted me for my leadership in any of the others.

Alex
Post Tue May 28, 2002 4:58 am