Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The fighting pit? How to win?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

Am I forced to fight against the guys in scallys fighting pit? i mean i have a weenie char(lvl4) and i don't do well in fights(thanks to my vid-card, which starts to bug in fights), so is there another way to get around this... I've done all other tasks(sly,fingers,dexter,and 1-2 other guys)
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:57 pm

Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

You are not forced to do anything. But; if you want Scatty to vouch for you, then start bugging Kharim to fight you, oh, he'll fight you all right, in fact, he'll kick your arse; but that's good enough for Scatty. After the fight talk to Scatty and things will be ok
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 3:02 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

if you've done 4 of the OC quests already, you wont even need to challenge those guys
but if you really want to...

post this over to tip and tricks and I'll show you how to r00l them in that arena!!!!!
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 3:02 pm
Ragamuffin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

One thing I can tell you from experience is that you don't have to wait for the dialogue to end before you draw your weapon. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't figure this out for a long time, and they always had me beaten and bleeding unconscious before I could press the spacebar. While they're shooting their mouth off, press 1. You'll be ready to swing when the fight starts. Like I said, you may already know this, but I sure as hell didn't. It's a lot easier to win a fight if you actually have your weapon ready before you've lost. Weapons you have equipped have numbers on them. Usually 1 for swords and 2 for bows. 3 is for the weapon you used last, and 4-0 is for magic.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:21 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

wow I never knew that, I just went in there much later in the game when I had brute strength and a godly weapon and crushed them both, back to back
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 7:06 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Get a sleep scroll, pump your strength up over 40 and equip one of the 29 damage axes from the Brotherhood.

save

Now, harrass the new camp guy till he gets fired up and says he's going to kick your ass. Follow him to the arena but don't enter. Go into the walkway enterance and put him to sleep.

save in a second slot

Run inside the arena, draw your weapon get behind him and beat him to pieces. Take everything he has, then stand there and wait for him to wake up. When he does you'll fight like normal, only he'll have no life/weapons. One hit and you take him out. Then, leave him there till he gets up and talk to Scatty. He'll be impressed cause you beat him and you'll get a far greater amount of exp than if you lost.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:22 pm

I beat Kharim at level 6 with a Bloodfly Sting, I got the fight on in the Arena then I ran out and way away from him. He shouts "Never show your face here again!" then he goes back and sits. Then I hop on the building behind him and and blast with a Fireball and then some arrows, he got real low on life then I lured him into the Arena and hit him once or twice and down he went. I won and Scally was impressed. hehe Cheap but it worked. I did something similar with Kirgo.

Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:44 pm