Members
Usergroups
How do you get the patch to work?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Magus Dageke

How do you get the patch to work?

Okay, I downloaded the file that removes the safety disk thing and unzipped it. So how do I get it to work? I thought you just had to drag it over to the Morrowind icon, but that didn't work. So I read the instructions and they said to "unace" it. Great! So... how do you do that? I downloaded Winace (I think that's what you use), but it won't let me open up that file. So how do I get this thing to work. I know I'm probably missing something really obvious and I probably sound really stupid, but I never download stuff off the internet anyways. I'd really like some help here because the game runs as slow as dirt on my computer. (I swear it took me hours just to get into the census office without wasting a lot of time. Thanks
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:47 am

Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Install WinAce on your computer, and then double click on the "Morrowind_bh.ace" file. It will open the WinAce application and uncompress the file, Morrowind_NoCD.exe.

Just copy this file into the Morrowind folder.
You do not need to rename it or remove the original file.

Click on you desktop and make a shortcut to the new file and start the game from there.

Mike
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:03 am
Magus Dageke

Thanks! Too bad it still runs way too slow. (I really hate my computer.) For some wierd reason, it won't let me change the resolution now.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:42 am

Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

You don't say what your computer is but my new Dell 8200, 1.8 P4 with a Geforce 3 Ti 200 has a hard time running the game.

I can get frame rates as high as 50 fps inside or as low as 35 or so, but out side it ranges from 35 down to 18 or so on occasion. It always stays high enough to play comfortably but it would be nice to have it faster. I thought that when I first installed it ran faster but not now. I’m running almost every tweak.

Maybe when the patch comes out there will be a performance increase.

Mike
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 3:51 am