Members
Usergroups
How do you get rid of Skill Drains?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Opps

How do you get rid of Skill Drains?

I ran into this very evil sword(as in a bad thing), and it drained off all of my armor skills 20pts ea. How do you get this fixed? I have tried all of the shrines in the Vivec High Fane and the Imperial Shrine in Wolverine Hall.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:28 pm

Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

Ick. Try potions of Restore Strength/Agility/Endurance etc., as well as alchemical ingredients that have attribute restoration as one of their first effects. If those don't work, you're more than slightly foobared and it may be a bug - I've heard of permanent stat drains, and they're not very fun.

This may sound obvious, but make sure you're selecting the Restore Attributes option at the altars.

-Matt

EDIT: Because I'm an idiot, this may not work. I ran into that sword too, I think, but didn't equip it - since it's a constant effect enchantment, though, the drain should have worn off as soon as you de-equipped it. So: bug.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:30 pm
Geo

That happend to me too. I found that sword and I looked at what it did and ... I equiped it. I felt really dumb about doing that, but I thought that the effects would wear off when you put the sword away, but they didn't. I didn't try the shines or any potions because I knew that wouldn't help because they restore your stats, but not skills. So, I restored my skills to what they used to be using the console and I don't think that thats cheating because there shouldn't have been a bug like that in the first place.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:33 am

Rob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

what is this evil sword of nastyness called? and where is it found? , kinda sounds like something i'd wanna put on my shelves or stick into my wall.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:28 am
Geo

I think it's called Fury, I don't remember where but I think I found it on a dead body in some ruin, in Red Mountain.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:36 am

Opps

That Evil Sword

It is part of the 3rd Trial, when you go clear the old dumner stronghold. It is on a dead hero.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:31 pm

Geo

I knew I was wrong.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:42 pm

Joey999
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

For me, it's those damned "bone walkers" or whatever they're called, the ones that all the wizards always conjure up (not skeletons). I don't know if it's when they touch me or if it's from the bombs they shoot at me, but they PERMANENTLY lower my maximum strength. I knew they drained strength, but I didn't know it was permanent until I realized that after killing one and restoring, my strength only went up to 94, when it had been at 100 last time I checked (with the help of Fists of Randagulf). Each one brings me down further, and I'm now at max 84 STR (with the fists), and I can't restore any higher. Pisses me off to no end. Even though I can take 'em down with one or two swipes, I run like hell when I see one now.

Do we know if this is intended? If not, I may go with the console command.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:48 am
some guy

take off the gloves and then restore. also, Fury is bugged liked crazy. the permanent stat drop is not supposed to happen
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:44 am

Trulahn

What command do I use in the console to restore my armor skills back to where they were? I tried setheavyarmor 100 and it didn't work. Where do I find the syntax for these commands?
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:45 am