Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What bit of hidden humor struck you as damn funny?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

What bit of hidden humor struck you as damn funny?

For me it was when i talked to archmage Trebonius for duties, and he told me to find out what happened to dwemer and explained nothing more specific about it. After that some other guild member told me that Trebonius is a bit weird, as he gave her a task to count all pots & pans in Vvardenfell...
Post Thu May 30, 2002 5:08 pm
Lisje
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Sorry, I deleted - will resubmit when I figure out how to say it without possibly being a spoiler.

OK, I posted farther down, for those who just check the latest additions.

Last edited by Lisje on Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu May 30, 2002 5:31 pm
lunadam
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

sky is falling (small spoiler)

I was just walking out of the first town and I hear, "AAAAHHHH!!" *thump*. I turn around to see a mage lying on the ground with the Icarus scrolls. Hehe...nice beginning.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 5:41 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

My personal moment of laughter came while I was sneaking around somewhere looking for things to steal when I stumbled upon a book called "ABC's of Barbarians" (or something like that). Thinking it could be a book in which I would learn some much needed fighting skills, I opened it and... found out it's a book to learn the alphabet for simple minded folks! A is for Armor... HAHA! I laughed and laughed!
Post Thu May 30, 2002 5:50 pm
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

The mage with the Icarius scrolls scared the crap out of me when i encountered him, but when i read his book i couldn't stop laughing.

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Thu May 30, 2002 9:07 pm

mage cake

Icaurian mage ranks as one of the funnier moments in my gaming experience,only topped by some fallout 2 bits,explodin' crapper anyone?
Post Thu May 30, 2002 10:02 pm

BKrani

Dead Adventurer

Deep in Koal Cave, I found a body labeled 'Dead Adventurer' or 'Adventurer Hero' or suchlike. What tickled me was that no two parts of it's equipment matched - all different types of armour and weapons etc.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 10:47 pm

Rob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

"talking mudcrab merchant" and "multiplayer" just find the "liar" kajit and youll see what im talking about... Halarious!

oh yea , and that AHHHH thump! scared me at first... i thought some monster killed the guy , then i finally noticed his book
Post Thu May 30, 2002 11:18 pm
some guy

"The Lusty Argonian Maid"

That's all I have to say for my funny moment. But I've heard from other people that there's a crazy daedra lord that assigns you to kill a cave full of rats with a fork and an extra large bull netch with a dinner knife.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 11:18 pm

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Hey, smart magiye, A is fur Atronauch!

And yes, you must kill a Giant Bull Netch with the Fork of Horripulation. (That play was pretty funny, too I think I'll track down my copy and place it in my private library.)

A funny moment (just today) was when I was standing outside of Galom Daues (a tough vampire lair) and I heard the music switch to the "Battle Music". I was about to DI out, fearing that vampires were going to gnaw my weak mage into little pieces, when a wild guar came from around the corner. After disposing of him, I really laughed at how he almost made me run away.

Another time that I thought was hilarious was when I had to deliver clothes to an insane Telvanni High-Mage (there are many of them). She attacked whoever put on the clothes... me...reload... me... reload...the Khajiit slave in the corner...reload me... wait a minute, she blew up her own slave.

Also, I found it odd that I have discovered an amulet that does basically the same job as the Atronoch Birthsign, Spell Absorption, Increased Magicka, and, as a bonus, healing of one point per second.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 4:51 am
Uruz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:

And yes, you must kill a Giant Bull Netch with the Fork of Horripulation.

lol, I found that fork. Wondered what it would be used for as it seemed rather useless
Post Fri May 31, 2002 5:42 am
some guy

That's awesome. Someone should put up a screenshot of you killing a giant bull netch with a fork
Post Fri May 31, 2002 5:53 am

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

The worst part of the fork thing is that you get it as a Daedric quest, and that you must get the Fork from a hermit who has about a dozen giant spears laying on the walls... but then he directs you to his diner table.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 3:47 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

i seriously enjoy a number of the comments made by people as you pass by. for example, the contemplations made by commeners about the red verses blue bowls. there are some really wacky comments that i have heard; they made me stop and wonder if i really was hearing what i thought i did.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Fri May 31, 2002 5:33 pm
Tiercel

My funniest moment so far has been when I finally reached the enchanting grand master in his lair at [spoiler deleted--north coast area].

I was confused because I got all the way through the cave system and never found the guy. As I retraced my steps, looking at bodies, I saw the guy's name. He had attacked me and I'd killed him!

I loaded a saved game, this time just running or levitating by everyone so that the great teacher would have no cause to be mad at me. But when I saw him again, he still attacked me!

But then he got caught on the stair/stone bridge thing, and dropped out of a run into a walk. Then his name appeared over his head and I talked to him. His disposition toward me was 100%! If that's how he treats his friends...

I paid for a few rounds of enchantment training. But then he got loose of his hindrance and attacked me again. I thought, what a wacko.

I tried pummeling him into unconsciousness barehanded, but my unarmed skill is terrible. After a few minutes of that, I just ran around hoping for him to get stuck again. He finally did, and I got some more training.

But I wanted more. I had come with lots of bank and wanted to spend it all on learning enchantment. So I had to keep waiting for him to get stuck on things and then running around when he got unstuck.

He chased me into the pool nearby and started swimming around. Even when I got out, he just kept paddling hither and yon. Now I'm really laughing. What a psycho.

Happily, when he was swimming (and even when he stayed underwater for hours at a time) he was happy to give me enchantment lessons.

I finally ran out of money and left. When I came back, game weeks later, he was still taking his swim. But he was still happy to see me and trained me until I ran out of money again.

I don't know if that was a bug or not, but it sure made me laugh.

Tiercel
Post Fri May 31, 2002 9:00 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next