FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Whats the Point?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

Whats the Point?

I've been playing Morrowind for awhile and I have no clue what the storys about. Whats is your main goal in the game? In Gothic you had to get past the berrior which you accomplished by destroying the sleeper. Well whats the story on this game cause I sure as hell don't have a clue after two days of gameplay. Thanks for any info.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 10:39 pm

Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Keep on completing quests for the Blades and you'll start to find out. That's part of the game, figuring out what's going on and how you fit in.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 11:14 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Whats the Point?

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
In Gothic you had to get past the berrior which you accomplished by destroying the sleeper.

/sigh

I'm still playing Gothic
Post Tue May 07, 2002 11:35 pm

Sadly Im loosing interest in playing it anymore. Perhaps you can direct me to a site that explains the story?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 11:40 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

According what I have heard, story is uncovered step by step. First parts when you will talk with first person you was sent to visit.
It is not as in usual RPGs - they will give you clear objective at beginning ("kill that ancient evil") and you just do it with story with more or less surprises. MW is simply different.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 11:43 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Sadly Im loosing interest in playing it anymore. Perhaps you can direct me to a site that explains the story?

I don't know of a site that explains the story. Do you quests for the Blades, there are 5 or so before you are told what's going on.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 12:10 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

The story is very involving..I have been reading all the quests and chats from all my Guildmasters and talking to members of the Great Houses and there is a lot going on..its pretty hard for a really simple minded person to get into..but it's no reason not to play..I love morrowind!
Post Wed May 08, 2002 12:16 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Perhaps this 'open ended' gamestyle isnt for you.

I enjoyed the story in Gothic too, but I have played Morrowind in 4-5 days now without even thinking about the story...

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:26 am
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Danicek
According what I have heard, story is uncovered step by step. First parts when you will talk with first person you was sent to visit.
It is not as in usual RPGs - they will give you clear objective at beginning ("kill that ancient evil") and you just do it with story with more or less surprises. MW is simply different.

Then I suggest you bring the game back. No offense really, but it seems you are more into linear (gothic, BG, FF) type of games.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:40 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

MW is about discovery. You are stranded on an island you don't know much about. If you aren't curious, the story will not unfold. The interesting thing in MW is how the factions and guilds relate to each other, what is going on in the background. You don't know nothing about it when you arrive. You get some early hints about corruption and rivaling factions, but if you aren't interested in uncovering the hidden, this game isn't for you. You will be drawn in very slowly, and finding out about the prophecy and the evil is - at least for me - the biggest fun in the game, although I take my time to do so.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:50 am
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Hi Guest

Morrowind is not released in the UK yet. Goodness knows when it will be and in the meantime I wait with baited breath.

Your story has touched my heart though and I have a possible solution.

You send me that nasty old Morrowind that is making you unhappy, I will deal with it for you. You need not give it another thought and I will make sure that this horrible game never bothers anybody again.

Yours

Badger
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:14 am
Aramas
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: Whats the Point?

quote:
Originally posted by Neptiofpovar
quote:
In Gothic you had to get past the berrior which you accomplished by destroying the sleeper.

/sigh

I'm still playing Gothic

Hmmph! Me too! that must be the crappiest one line spoiler I've ever seen!
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:17 am
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

PFFT! THANKS! i was stil playing gothic on the side, argh!
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:09 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Mephisto
quote:
Originally posted by Danicek

Then I suggest you bring the game back. No offense really, but it seems you are more into linear (gothic, BG, FF) type of games.

Why? I didnt say single word about my likes and dislikes. Btw I have nothingn to return, I do not have this game yet. And I suppose that I will love it when it arives.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:17 am

I for one need a game that interests me. So far, Morrowind has not accomplished this after playing for almost a week. In Gothic I knew what my goal was, in this, I just get a bunch of boring sidequests that have no meaning. I truly hope its worth my time to continue playing, because right now it feels like I'm wasting my life on this so far, boring game. No offense to anyone whos enjoying it.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 3:45 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next