Morrowind Hlaalu Vivec Quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Morrowind Hlaalu Vivec Quest

My orders for House Hlaalu are to go to Vivec and get the formulas and notes from Aurene Frernis. She's a dammed powerful mage and kills me tho I've tried stealing a scroll and then teleporting out of the place, but the scroll looks not to be what's wanted. Maybe there's something definate I should get....any clues? Also, how do I get it/them? By teleporting out I ended up with a price on my head and loosing the stuff I'd nicked anyway If I stash the goods somewhere and then give myself up, will the stuff still be where I left it when I get out of jail?
I also have the quest for the Fighters Guild in the Caldera Mines to kill the ebony poachers. But there're 3 of them to deal with at once. Any clues there? I used used the naked guy to help but he only knocked one out a few times before he was killed.
Post Thu May 01, 2003 7:10 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, I don't know that quest, but I can help with the theft bit. When you give yourself up all stolen items you're carrying are confiscated. The guard doesn't think to ask about any other items you had, and doesn't even ask about the item that got you in trouble. Before meeting the guard just drop the scroll on the floor and they won't take it from you. After you've paid your debt, pick it up again and continue on your way - don't forget that it's still a stolen item, however, and will be confiscated if you get caught in the future! Drop the item before turning yourself in each time and you should be safe.

As for the Ebony poachers, that quest has on occasion taken me a few attempts. Try a couple of bottles of Sujamma before you go in, or if you're any good with a bow (Marksman skill), grab the bow and chitin arrows off the first guy outside and try to do as much damage as possible to the guys inside before they reach you.

If you sneak up towards them slowly, you may be able to get them to attack one at a time - but I've never managed it myself!

Alternatively, try a scroll of Command and turn the fight into a two-on-two!
Post Thu May 01, 2003 11:37 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

I can only help with a few things.

If you have a bounty on your head:
The thief guild can clear it for half the amount of money.
If you leave something on the ground it will always be there, chest respawn so don't put it in there. When you give yourself in, always drop al your stolen items, pay bounty or go to jail, then pick it up again.

Caldera Mines
Besickly you have to get stronger, try concentrathing on 1 untill he is dead and then hit the others. (You always fight all 3 at once)

Try to find a spell or a enchanted ring to give you an skeleton or another helper for .. seconds.
Paralization can help to.
Take enough healing potions. (free in some guild chest mages or fights, if you are a member)
Fight, run out when you are almost dead, heal up/ sleap/ get ready and get back in again.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Thu May 01, 2003 11:39 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Ebony Miners.

Thanx for that. And yes, I've levelled up since I was given that quest so will try again. But if the jobs are going to get harder........ Same with the Thieves Guild job I've been given (that ties in with the job from the General in Fort Moonmoth - can't recall his name @ the mo) to steal a key from a guy in the Council Club. There's one person on the fist lvl, 4 on the 2nd, and 2 on the third and they all come running: I mean 7 people o take on is ALOT!!! Any clues?
About the healing potions; they seem to only last for a few seconds. So I can't work out why the bother, I mean if that's all that's keeping you alive for a few seconds why do it?. The other games I've played have healing potions that you can take when you pause the game. This game, however, is quite different ~ I mean, not even HAVING a pause button for a start.
Post Fri May 02, 2003 1:24 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Re: Ebony Miners.

quote:
Originally posted by Sherrin
Same with the Thieves Guild job I've been given (that ties in with the job from the General in Fort Moonmoth - can't recall his name @ the mo) to steal a key from a guy in the Council Club. There's one person on the fist lvl, 4 on the 2nd, and 2 on the third and they all come running: I mean 7 people o take on is ALOT!!! Any clues?
If you're playing as an honest thief ( ), you can pickpocket the key (VERY hard to do at that point in the game) or you can speechify the guy's disposition way up and he'll just hand it over. If you prefer a violent approach, get between the guy on the top level and the door. Start hacking. Keep concentrating on that guy. When the others show up and start slicing you up, duck out the door. Heal up. Go back in and swing away, concentrating on killing one guy each time. In the beginning, you'll be lucky to kill one guy each trip. As you knock a couple off, you'll be able to take a few more swings before heading for the door.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri May 02, 2003 2:28 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Definitely Dteowners Door trick is how I killed about 50% of the things inside in the game.

Some of them outside too come to think of it, some of the ogrims and other weird monsters I added from giants 2.0 and wilderness mod.

BTW this is out of left field, but get those two mods they make a huge difference.
Post Sat May 03, 2003 9:44 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Killing lots a people

I took out two in the Caldera Mines using scrolls of Drathis Soulrot (dropped them like flies) and slugged it out with another. Now I just need to buy some more for the other job - trouble is it's dammed difficult to find.
Post Sat May 03, 2003 1:41 pm