No, this can't be true!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

No, this can't be true!

I finaly got into the castle, I have talked to every improtant character I belive, and NO ONE teaches me to increas my strenght, this is going on my nerves! Is there NO ONE in the Mining Colony/Castle that teaches strenght?

Btw, Im only level 8, no way I could take down an orch... should I have waited before I went through the pass or is it ment to be this way?
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:39 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

There will be a guy Feros. He teaches strenght and agility up to 70 but he appeares in chapter 4 and first You must do a quest for him - find his sword. As I probably stated on your other topic try talk to Brutha/Bruthus. For me he had option about possibility of teaching but after meeting his demands (paying him if I remember right) no teaching option occured.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:44 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
Originally posted by bora
There will be a guy Feros. He teaches strenght and agility up to 70 but he appeares in chapter 4 and first You must do a quest for him - find his sword. As I probably stated on your other topic try talk to Brutha/Bruthus. For me he had option about possibility of teaching but after meeting his demands (paying him if I remember right) no teaching option occured.

Grr.

So who is Brutha/Bruthus then?

Edit: I mean, what is wrong with this game? Im a warrior for gods sake! How will I be able to get anywhere in the game with such low strenght?
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:47 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Brutha/Bruthus (name taken from my Polish version) is the guy that works (as a smith but he is more proud beeing torturer) in the last possible building you can enter in the Old Castle. It`s on the opposite side from the one You enter. passing the main gate, prison, last entrance on the right.
I`m sorry but in this game we are given so much possibilities that anything happens only because of our actions we must be responsible for - even if this is the game.
Really, try bows or crossbows and agility till the chapter 3 where you can become paladin. Agaility may come in handy anyway.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:59 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Yeah, I found him! I didn't check that room. He didin't have the same name tho, something like Brute or Brutus. Anyway, now the game is much easier.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:41 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Guys, donīt you know a historic person with the name Brutus?

As I understand it youīre meant to avoid enemy contact in this chapter. Buy yourself a dozen transformation scrolls and the whole thing is a piece of cake. You can return later to fight the Orcs.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:15 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath

As I understand it youīre meant to avoid enemy contact in this chapter. Buy yourself a dozen transformation scrolls and the whole thing is a piece of cake. You can return later to fight the Orcs.

Yeah, but with my über-tactics I have killed a bunch of them allready.

Was Brutus in Gothic 1?
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:32 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Rawis
Was Brutus in Gothic 1?

I donīt think so.

Donīt tell me you donīt know who Brutus was.
http://www.historyguide.org/ancient/caesar.html
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:48 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

With the history I wouldn't do any bussiness with this guy. Turning my back would be deadly.

Kay
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:43 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

If your gonna use transformation scrolls here, tip: DON'T TRANSFORM TO SCAVENGER OR SHEEP! I made that mistake once...I had wolves, wargs, snappers and dragon snappers chasing me! The best one is transform to dragon Snapper IMO, you move really fast and you can kill the wolves and bloodflies that are close to the orcs without retal.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:54 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

So I see that Brutus was more polite with Rawis then with me. Good for you and great gaming.
I know who Brutus was and in this game I think he was suppose to do the same trick for Garond and Castle as once upon a time he did for Ceasar. I killed him during Torlof`s quest (for which he becomes my captain) and on him I found book called book of damned/lost. Trying to read it, had the same effect as Seekers (black mages) talks - red and shaking - and the same message appeared. I brought this book to Pyrokar and he said that it`s very dangerous and I was given 250 Exp (nobody gave me quest about this book or even mentioned it in the game). What I think is that originally in the game Brutus was suppose to betray Castle in chapter 7 or 8 and this book would be some kind of proof of this maybe. But Pirahnas (HAIL and my deepest THANK YOU VERY MUCH to them by the way) had to publish earlier so it was sorry to waist great orc attack animation and the option of provoking that was moved to Torlof`s quest. Torlof is so obviously the best to take that most of us will open that gate> and for me he was not somebody so mindtwisted to ask me for that. By the way look at Hagen and his men. Why they are not marching? Maybe those supplies were originally to be gathered by us in some quest or maybe this is connected somehow with what was suppose to happend next. And one more thing why I think game was originally to be longer. All 4 chapters have some side quests and chapter 5 only one (for Paladin). Don`t get me wrong I love the game, love little hungry fishes for THEIR work and can`t wait for add-on where maybe I can verify my opinions.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:19 pm
guenthar
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

In Khornis at the harbor area to the left of the main road near Ignaz's place there should be a blacksmith named Carl which can up your strength.
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:41 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Carl teaches only up to 30.
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:11 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath

Is this Brutus are you talking about? "Et tu Bruté? -- Then fall, Caesar." (Julius Caesar, III.i.85) -- Caesar's last word in Shakespeare's tragedy.

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
tip: DON'T TRANSFORM TO SCAVENGER OR SHEEP!

Yea, don't transform to a weaker monster, such as Giant Rat. (In fact, I notice other monsters love to eat Rat meat.) Expect others to chase you while you're in a form of a weaker monster. Instead, transform to something bigger and meaner, like Shadowbeast, Dragon Snapper and Fire Lizard.

tip 2: TRANSFORM BACK TO HUMAN FORM WHEN YOU'RE ENTERING A CIVILIZED AREA, LIKE A CITY, or people will kill you in one blow.

quote:
Originally posted by Rawis
Is there NO ONE in the Mining Colony/Castle that teaches strenght?

Here is a summary of all the teachers who raise strength points in the Valley of Mines:

Brutus, man-at-arms at the castle - up to 75 STR.
NOTE: teaches only in Chapter 2 and 3. In Chapter 3, if you're a mage, don't expect you can talk to him because he has already been possessed by the Dark Force.

Feros, dragon slayer at the castle - up to 70 STR and 70 DEX
NOTE: exists only beyond Chapter 4. He'll give you a quest, asking you to find his sword to him. This sword can be found outside of Hosh Pak's tent.

If you're not a mage, Brutus will still exist after Chapter 3 in normal human being form. But, he won't teach anymore because he has been freaked out by meatbugs.
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:19 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

So this book on Brutus is realated to Mage Storyline. Thanx for the answer.
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:49 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next