Members
Usergroups
Disappearing inventory items!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
guest50

Disappearing inventory items!

Has anyone had any problems with items disappearing from their inventory. I had a soulstone worth 60,000 and Llevules skull disappear from me. It really sucks cause I cant complete the main quest now!
I really dont wanna start over cause im lvl 20, 40k gold.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 11:57 pm

xan golux

I've had a similar problem, but not with any quest items. Fortunately it was only a pair of chitin gauntlets... Not worth a whole lot, but still a pain in the butt to replace them when you're in the middle of a dungeon.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 12:19 am

XmirroR

Um, Yep...

Um, yeah I was wandering back fromt he very first "Dwarf Ruins" Get puzzle box quest and on my way back I offed the box, and went back to shirtless's home, caught a nap, and headed to the pawn shop... and went to sell the max encumbered load ( sans puzzle box ), I realized I had only half my encuberment, and a bunch of crap was missing... I was thinking Pickpockets in the streets... Hell, If I can be a thief, why can't NPCs.. BUT I didn't lose quest items... er, which hasta suxor bad... Also just for historic memories, didn't DaggerFall have a bad disappearing inventory bug??? Heh...
Post Fri May 10, 2002 2:37 am

SandTiger

Yeppers.. i lost all my soul gems at one point. I had a good load of them.. and i saved right after it happened.. and i hadnt saved for a good half hour before that. However.. i had slept like 3 minutes before that happened.. thankgoodness for auto save.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:53 am

Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

If you turn yourself into a guard for any crime all stolen items are removed from your character... I'm 99% sure thats what happened to all of you.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 2:58 pm
weregamer

Disappearing items definitely a *real* bug

Nope, though this might not be the *same* bug as the others have hit: I had just put a bunch of stuff into a chest at the Balmora Fighter's Guild for "safekeeping" (namely, my GM mortar & pestle and M everything else, and all my ingredients). Went back to drop one more thing in and hte chest was empty. Also had saved right after, as I had every reason to believe I was at a safe place.

Now, given that my alchemy equipment and almost all my ingredients (probably all that I had left after that big Alchemy session) were stolen, they *might* have teleported to an evidence chest, but it was definitely a bug. Since I can get bounties fixed (I'll omit the spoiler on how, but if you haven't found it you aren't much of a thief...) I've never fessed up to a guard - I'll reload from save first! At least in my case, I know where I can steal almost as good an equipment set, and the only ingredients I'll really miss are the rare ones (like the ghoul heart) that you can't find a zillion of on plants in the wilds or in sacks in unguarded back rooms.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:15 pm

charvelzeppelin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

same exact thing happened to me....i put all my alchemy stuff (grandmaster mortar, master restort.... and bunch of ingredients in a chest in balmora) i came back a couple days later and they were all gone! i did already save it, luckily i found out where to get all grandmaster stuff! hehe. i think its a bug with items in chest. i will never put items in a chest again, the best bet i think is to just set the items in teh open. i have never had any of those items disappears. also, i put stuff in sacks and baskets and none of those have disappereared either. has anyone else ever had any things disapearing from these places? please let me know!
Post Fri May 10, 2002 4:08 pm
Peter S

REPORT THIS BUG TO THE DEVELOPERS!!!

If this is the case then I suggest you stick to storing items in crates, barrels, bags, etc. instead of chests. I have a huge stash of stuff in the various crates, barrels sacks and bags on the first floor of Ralen Hlaalo's mansion in Balmora. I've never had a problem with items dissappearing.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 8:03 pm

Ostrich

Ive only had disappearing issues once, where some of my armour disappeared and some lock picks. Perhaps if you speak to a guard and you have stolen items he takes them off you whether your an outlaw or not??

Anyway, ive organised my own room in the storage area below the arena in vivec (room with bed), just near the assasins guild entrance. Ive got a number of daedric, ebony & some other armour just lying around on tables, and loads of scrolls in barrels & other items i want to sell, and never had a problem with those being stolen. So if you have an issue with disappearing items this might be one place that is safe (touch wood).

ost
Post Mon May 13, 2002 1:23 am

kparti
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Incindium
If you turn yourself into a guard for any crime all stolen items are removed from your character... I'm 99% sure thats what happened to all of you.

but where do they put these items? to the original place? or?
Post Mon May 13, 2002 8:12 am
weregamer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Guard-taken items

Confiscated items are supposed to be put in the "evidence chest" at the jail you would have gone to if you didn't pay up. I've not verified that this happens, but nobody has complained that it didn't.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 9:25 am
kparti
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Guard-taken items

quote:
Originally posted by weregamer
Confiscated items are supposed to be put in the "evidence chest" at the jail you would have gone to if you didn't pay up. I've not verified that this happens, but nobody has complained that it didn't.

so it sounds hard to get them back..
Post Mon May 13, 2002 9:37 am
bedwine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Buggy Buggy Buggy

I had a quest to donate a soul gem to a shrine. It took not only my petty soul gem but one of my 6OOO gp scamp soul gems also. I saved early and retried this bug and it did it again. I had to drop all my soul gems prior to completing that part of the quest. No big deal but this is definately a bug in the Bethesda tradition of creating buggy ass games. To give them credit there are few bugs compared to Daggerfall but there are bugs. Crashing to Windows when canceling a barter transaction is another.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 11:00 pm