RPGDot Network    

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Uncommon questions SERIES II please take a look
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Uncommon questions SERIES II please take a look

1) (bug *possible mini spoiler*) im not sure how often this happens but i havent heard about it from other people...but they again i havent looked specifically for this from any other posts, but i have seen people talk about it and not mention any problems. anyway, ive gotten to a part where if i try to sleep in a bed, then ill wake up right away and it will tell me i had a nightmare. this nightmare involved a dead wedding (trying to minimize spoilers). there is the ok button in the text box that comes up, but after i hit ok i cant control my guy anymore, just move the mouse button around. anybody heard of this, or how to fix it? im hoping for input on this one because its annoying not being able to sleep in beds anymore...

2) (marksman question) ok, what is the difference between crossbows and bows? ive used both but ive only noticed that crossbows always do the same damage, and bows have a wide range....i was thinking do bows have a longer range or something? because i dont see why you would even use bows if they made crossbows so good. im thinking ive missed something is why i ask...

3) (shield question) ok, i know that when you use a shield to block something, your block skill goes up. my question is that, sincee there are 3 different kinds of shield (light, medium, heavy) when you block, does the armor skill type for the shield go up too?

i cant think of any other questions i had for right now, but i feel like im forgetting something, so if i remember somethign i forgot to post then ill post it on this thread later, as long as its not a few pages back... thanks for all your help guys
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:08 am
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

4) (arrow question) oh i remember my other question now... there are lots of types of different arrows EX : chitin, steel, iron, glass, silver. some have different weights and stuff, and different values, but since the bow or crossbow is what actually decides damage, then what is the difference between all these arrows, other than that silver arrows hurt ghosts???
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:30 am

2) as you said crossbows always make the same damage, dunno abut the range, but let's compare damage

from the editor:

name: daedric long bow, speed: 1.00, reach: 1.00, damage: 2-50, ignores normal weapon resistance .. this is the best bow I can see at the moment in there

and the best crossbow that is in the editor:

name: Dwarven Crossbow, speed: 1.00, reach: 1.00, damage: 30-30, ignores normal weapon resistance

as you can see the crossbow does the same damage always whether you charge the shot or not thus is faster at doing that damage than the daedric bow that you must charge to over half to get 30 damage, but the daedric bow if loaded to full will do more damage. On the other hand the daedric bow can be enchanted about twice what the dwarven crossbow can, but it weights more!
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:41 am

hest59
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That was meeee! Why didn't it log me in automatically? life isn't fair!!!
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:53 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

1) is an element of the main story quest.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:58 am
hest59
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You did the same as me and didn't quite read the whole first 1) it's not about the dream in itself, but that after you click ok you get locked in some sorta limbo and can't move or anything just have to kill morrowing and restart it, it happened to me too once or twice, the dreams will go away once you move on, but I don't know how to solve the bug.

for now I have dialogbox phobia in mw

As for the arrows and bolts, you shuld be able to enchant them and they have their own damage listed, maybe the damage of the arrows and blts are added to that of the bow/xbow? could test this by using an xbow with different bolts and turning on the show all stats thing in the console I guess. And it looks like you should be able to enchant arrows and bolts thereby adding on strike extra damage and such, but it doesn't seem to work in the enchantment ui in game. Maybe you can't enchant stacks of things? ooh sounds fun enchaing single arrows in a stack of 700
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:50 am
Garon

Item 1 has happened to me a few times, and I fixed it by right-clicking to call up the status windows then just right-clicking again. I never had to restart MW.

Garon
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:34 pm

Same as Garon - simply right click and it frees you up
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:37 pm

bpdlr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Uncommon questions SERIES II please take a look

quote:
Originally posted by Legal_My_Deagle
3) (shield question) ok, i know that when you use a shield to block something, your block skill goes up. my question is that, sincee there are 3 different kinds of shield (light, medium, heavy) when you block, does the armor skill type for the shield go up too?

Armour type has nothing to do with Block skill. The more you block with your shield, the more your block skill increases. The more you use [Heavy/Medium/Light] armour, the more your [Heavy/Medium/Light] armour skill goes up. The shiled only contributes 10% (?) to the total for armour.

BaZ
Boycott Shampoo!
Demand REAL poo!
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:50 pm
Rangstrom
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm wearing all heavy armor but using a medium armor shield(I like the way it looks). Both skills have been going up--so it appears that hits on a shield that do damage will raise that armor class skill. Probably doesn't go up on a block so the better your blocking skill the slower the improvement.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:52 pm
es3addict
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Rendelius i dont know but i think your wrong. cus those dreams happen as far as i know only when you become a vampire.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 7:25 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

es3addict, nope. Once you did the first to Blades missions, and you sleep in one of four towns, the dream will come up.

I don't know about the vampire thingie in MW, hadn't had the chance top become one yet. But I remember that in DF it was like that, yes.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:20 pm
es3addict
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

so were kinda both right
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:06 pm

for 1 press your inventory button (the one that bring up spells map ect and that should fix it, it worked for me.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:58 pm