More Basic Newbie Questions...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

More Basic Newbie Questions...

- Is it safe for Mike, the guard outside one of the gates of the city, to die? Is he needed for anything at all?

- When a new chapter begins, do all the creatures respawn line in Gothic?

- So skills like smithing, sneaking and/or lockpicking increase as you use them? (Use by performing tasks such as making swords over and over and over again for smithing...)

- Does anyone have a link to a site that provides a really good map(s) for Gothic 2? I'd like better ones than the in-game cartographer sells.

- Is there more than one city? So far I've only seen the first one... Are any of the three still left from Gothic? Any ruins where they once were at least?

- How do you make potions that add permanent stats? Can anyone give me the list of ingrediants needed for permanent dexterity, strength, and health potions?

Thank you!
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:49 am
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: More Basic Newbie Questions...

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
- Is it safe for Mike, the guard outside one of the gates of the city, to die? Is he needed for anything at all?

- So skills like smithing, sneaking and/or lockpicking increase as you use them? (Use by performing tasks such as making swords over and over and over again for smithing...)

- Does anyone have a link to a site that provides a really good map(s) for Gothic 2? I'd like better ones than the in-game cartographer sells.

- Is there more than one city? So far I've only seen the first one... Are any of the three still left from Gothic? Any ruins where they once were at least?

- How do you make potions that add permanent stats? Can anyone give me the list of ingrediants needed for permanent dexterity, strength, and health potions?

Thank you!

Awwww, I was THIS close to only having to answer with a single 'no'.
Anyway, yes you can find something from the old "CITIES" if you look.
And for permanent stats you need a 'king's sorrel' and some kind of root.

And, IF you played gothic 1, and read the FAQ, you should know that skills don't increase with usage.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:04 am
Danica
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: More Basic Newbie Questions...

quote:

He died in my game too, bravely distracting the attention of an Orc Elite. It does not matter

quote:

Not all. Some do. Some don't. Some are replaced by more powerfull counterparts

quote:

- So skills like smithing, sneaking and/or lockpicking increase as you use them?

Nope. To improve those skills you have to improve your Dexterity.

quote:

Dragonroot + King's Sorrel = Elixir of Strength = +5 permanent STR
Goblin Berries + King's Sorrel = Elixir of Dexterity = +5 permanent DEX

There are plenty of threads describing this and other elixirs and their location.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:16 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

You learn how to make potions vry early in the game. You need to read the books in Xardas tower.

I just started the game and i know wich ingredients i need. I just reached the town, now to figur out where the other 2 camps are.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:21 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

in the valley of mines in Gothic2 i saw the ruins of the new camp, the ruins of the sect camp and of the old camp, the only thing standing is the castel.

for better maps and a walktrough (only Gothic 2, not 1), surf to http://gamesweb.com/pc/tipps_tricks/detail.php?item_id=29523

Ps: this link is german!!!!

good luck

=member of The RPGDot Shadows=
=member Gothic Novel Writers=
=member The Allience of middle Earth=

God, smite me, oh mighty smiter!!!
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:06 pm