What ultimate name is your favorite?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Vorador
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

What ultimate name is your favorite?

This post was created to see what people's ultimate names are. I am very interested to see how they differ, and also see a lot of cool names. Please be very open, and list any fantasy name that is really cool to you. Have fun in this post, and i hope it becomes an awesome way for people to see other people's names that they would use/used.
Vorador

Noble? Do I look like a noble knight to you?

=Member of the Alliance of Middle-Earth, the Nonflamers' Guild, the Sixth House, the RPGDot Warriors, and Digger of the RPGDot Shadows=
Post Wed May 08, 2002 4:14 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I have pretty much used the name Shifter forever, in console games, PC, handhelds etc. I came up with the name (not from a book that people ask me about often) quite awhile ago, before the internet was popular..I used it on BBS's (dial up internet type thingess) and then on the net and always have. I just liked how it sounded and reminded me of a sort of Shapeshifter type thing..and it stuck..
Post Wed May 08, 2002 4:31 am
Synner

I have always used the name Synner... the way i look at is i have always been one. My charaters reflect the name... they are not so nice
Post Wed May 08, 2002 4:40 am

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

My old nick in RPG's would be "Seana Steelbone", wich is usually a red haired powerful fighter, even if I have used the name for alternative classes (if I played another class with my main character).

I generally use the same letter to start both name's, and the second should somewhat give away what character it is.

Here are some others:
Anya Arrowslinger
Wiona Windcraft
Gi-Gi Goodwill
Sif Silfvershield
Sarah Shadowdancer

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:14 am
OhBrandi
The Pun-Slayer
The Pun-Slayer

I've been Kaitlin the Darkeyed since Meridian 59. She's my 'main' and usually a fighter (sword) with dabblings in magery or alchemy...always of neutral/good alignment and often a PK Killer.

Some of my other more notorious characters have gone by:

Rowan Wilde
Cailet Fyre (pronounced Ki-Lay)
Mabel (she was my fisherman on UO...LOVED playing Mabel)
Kiera Blackblade
Arista Dawn
Raven
Pandora

=Member of The Nonflamers' Guild=
=Neverwinter Nights Co-Moderator=
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:23 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

I'm XeroX
You can find the name around copy machines.
Figure it out.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 9:05 am
mDrop
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have a couple of names I use often.
I usually use Mirithil for fantasy rpg's, a name I came up with when playing MUDs god knows how many years ago. My cyberpunk alter ego is usually Zero Something, from Gibson's Couint Zero and the comic Ghostrider. For steampunk or mediaval games I use Alowishus Dooleotter. Something about that name just gets me going If I play a barbarian/half-orge or somethign similar, I use Big Un

Still haven't found a name that would suit every genre and I doubt there is one. A big part of my experince is having a name that suits the setting.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 9:37 am
Somnus
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Names...

I've been Somnus for a long long time, but was Ripptorn originally.
In EQ, i played a 60 grave lord going by the name Somnus Shadowstalker, then Somnus Rakshasa. Also had a lvl 60 Assassin going by the name of Illicit Solicit
copyright 2002 to me(TM)

Somnus
Post Wed May 08, 2002 1:15 pm
ZAM
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Why ZAM of course :)

I have used the name ZAM for over 15 years way before computers even came out. I used to play a lot of D&D type games. My favorite was Runequest. Doubt anyone has even heard of that one.

I chose the name because it sounded like a powerful and strong name. You know ZAM the mighty or something. Just had a umph to it. What sucks though is when I try to play online games and I cant use the 3 characters because its to short Oh well whats a mage to do? hehe. So when that happens I either use ZAMBAM or some off shoot of it.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 1:27 pm
Vorador
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Well, even though i wrote this post, i still have to tell my name. i used to play Dark Age of Camelot, and in that, my name was Vrathkal Stormcaller. He was a thrane, a warrior that uses lightning magic. It was very cool for a while, but then i just got fed up with it, and got into Morrowind.

Noble? Do I look like a noble knight to you?

=Member of the Alliance of Middle-Earth, the Nonflamers' Guild, the Sixth House, the RPGDot Warriors, and Digger of the RPGDot Shadows=
Post Wed May 08, 2002 2:17 pm
ButtOfMalmsey
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

ZAM? From battle.net? Rock on, man.

I usually use Roman or greek names. Roman names have a lot of variety, and recombine easily. I like to use a variation on Scipio (usually I publicly post as ScipioAmericanus). Also, Russian names are nice for a change. Helps that I'm Russian American, I guess.

Martel was a great name for me, until David Eddings used it for a character, and none of the gamers I played with knew about Charles Martel. On EQ I was Coriolanus (whenever I wasn't bouncing or lagging, that is).

I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode. I think it was called, "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."
-Homer Simpson

=Member of the Non-Flamers Guild=
=Member of The Sixth House=
::Captain of the Black Company::
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:41 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I use different names for different kinds of games. In shooters I used to be Crowfield since '93 but I've been living with the handle 'Bite-Me Willi' for quite sone time now. In CRPGs I was Ennic Yharcas (in Daggerfall) or Jaz/ Jaz Tarn (in about everything else).
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:13 pm

Mine is shadow, and i did not wstela that, my friends just knickname me that whenever we go larp or play paintball cause i am always really stealthy
Post Thu May 09, 2002 12:43 am

CarcusRex

The name CarcusRex conjures up an image of a powerful evil; an unspeakable and unholy terror which, generally, just the sound of it strikes fear in the hearts of all NPC's. I need this because underneath I'm just a big cream-puff.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 1:43 am

LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

THE Lord THE Master THE Opressor

My friends started to call me MR.LSD because i was unchalenged at a pinball called Dungeons & Dragons. One guy chalenged me & i took the chalenge. I won 5-0, so thats why they call me LORD LSD. The _ came in because some board or somethind wouldn't take the space... that would be 13 yrs. ago.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 1:59 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next