Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Does stuff you put into a chest ever dissapear?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

Does stuff you put into a chest ever dissapear?

I need to pay my bounty on my head but I dont want to lose my stolen stuff.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 12:14 am

MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Most of the times no. There are some instances when it could, but just use ordinary boxes and closets, or just drop stuff on the ground. It won't disappear.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 4:30 am
Hurricane

Re: Does stuff you put into a chest ever dissapear?

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
I need to pay my bounty on my head but I dont want to lose my stolen stuff.

If my stuff disappeared from my box, I'd be like.....Wassup wit dat?
Post Wed May 29, 2002 5:47 am

bpdlr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

There is one caveat: don't use a chest anywhere near a trader!!! Even on a different floor in the same building. Some traders seem to *own* chests in their buildings, and if you put stuff in there and come back later, they will a) try to sell you your own stuff and b) if you remove it from the chest and try and sell it to them, they will call the guards.

I found this with the trader on top of Molag Mar. He has a shop with a ramp leading down to another level with two rooms, one occupied by another trader. I stuck loads of stuff in a chest in the other room downstairs and when I came back from adventuring, I found all my stuff in his inventory!

BaZ
Boycott Shampoo!
Demand REAL poo!
Post Wed May 29, 2002 1:54 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

I had it happen once. An Orcish cuirass and boots disappeared out of the barrel I was keeping it in at my house in Balmora. I loaded my last hard save from the day before just to make sure I'd gotten it and, sure enough, it was there. I never have found out what happened to it.
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Wed May 29, 2002 2:24 pm
Hurricane

Wassup wit dat?

I had that happen to me. However, when I came back to retrieve my stuff from the box the trader was actually wearing my armor and shield! Funny stuff.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 5:37 pm