Well, I finally got my Lich. . . .
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
machaira
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I finally got my Lich. . . .

While waiting on Kira to make up the war treaty I went looking around Thronheim. I discovered the tunnel pass after killing all those vamps. I just kept going to see what was out there. Eventually I made it to Yorwick. This was by far the most challenging portion of the game for Act I. After surviving all of the Lich Lab, I went back to Thronheim. I didn't make it by the next day as she had asked. The Treaty was no longer in my quest log, but evidently wasn't necessary. It still says that the War Council will meat in two weeks. So I guess I didn't jump the gun to fast.
Here's my gripe:
In the Strategy Guide Liches get 20 resistance to magic and physical attacks.
When you are transformed the only increase the player gets, that I can tell, is 20 resistance to Dark. That's It?! Thats what I worked so hard to get?!
If there are any Lich wannabees out there I'll tell you now....I don't think it's worth what you have to go through to become a lich. But I will say this, my entire party had the experience points to train up to several more levels after this. In the Startegy Guide it said "The Inventa Storca is a small but extremely tough dungeon, featuring a number of deadly Liches. It' s not a bad place to test your characters; if they can handle this short but challenging adventure, they probably can succeed in most of the game's other areas."
NOT SO. The Chasm of the Dead and the Lich lab are the testing grounds. If you can walk in to the Lich Lab and survive every thing and walk back out (with out using Devine Intervention) then you have proven your character's.
By the way...when I went through the Chasm, when I made it to the very bottom, I entered in turnbased mode, grabbed the Cronga Kiga, the treasure from the two chest, and made a run for it. But I killed everything in the Lich Lab. That is... everything that would be killed. There were some Power Liches and Lich Kings that came back but didn't attack. They were in some kind of a suspended mode...I just left them. And those Flying Ickies are a shadow of the real thing. The only thing that harmed them was Poison Cloud. They never went hostile anyway so if any of you go there just ignore them.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:55 am
Hellhound
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I got through the Lich lab when my magic character was still a healer. So after battling the Liches and King Liches and making the potion of effederation (or whatever) I found that nobody in my party qualified to be a Lich ... to say I was dissappointed doesn't quite describe it.

The suspend mode you mentioned, did that happen in the tranformation machione chamber when the Liches tried to respawn? They just freeze right? If so then I can confirm it as the same bug I encountered when clearing the Lich lab
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:20 pm
machaira
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I had a reply to your question and a lot of other stuff. But while I was watching a rerun of Fraiser the Might and Magic stategy guide must have pressed something on the keyboard. When I looked at the screen again it was all gone.
So ........
No, mine occured when I was fighting stuff from the outter room before the Main Lich Room.
Incidently Those Occulus are the toughest things I've fought yet. But I discovered that if you get directly under them you can damage them pretty good with Poison Cloud.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:22 am
Guest Dare

I have to disagree with you about the Lich quest being worth the trouble.
Having GM Dark is DEFINATELY worth it!!!
Get trained up to as high as you can in your spell skills and then take another flip through your spellbook... I was surprised to say the least when I looked at some old spells that I never used.
Curse for example suddenly becomes a useful spell!!! It becomes an area effect spell hitting everything in sight and takes hundreds of points off their chance to hit.
Pain reflection is another Uber spell after you get GM dark.
Poison, Poison Cloud, and Disease become more powerful....
Even some of your elemental spells will benefit because of the secondary dark component.

It is a vary worthwhile promotion if you take the time to adjust your tactics to utilize the Lich's strengths.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:06 pm