Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Which guild would you join when the addon is released?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Which guild would you join when the addon is released?

I always join the mercenaries but i think im gonna join the pirates this time
Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:24 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The pirates of the add-on aren't a stand-alone guild. None of the add-on 'guilds' is stand-alone. They are additional guilds, just like the thieves.
Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:16 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Im sorry dont know if i understand what you just said but if i understand you can join the pirates and thieves and bandits because pirates and bandits are the same as the thieves guild an merc mage and paladin are other type of guilds dont realy understand sorry
Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:42 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Um... well, you'll need to join one of the 'real' guilds (Paladins, Mercs, Fire Mages) in GII+add-on, just as in regular Gothic II. You can choose to join the thieves guild in addition to your real guild, and you can (or rather, have to) join the three new add-on guilds if you want to take part in the add-on plot... so you can join Pirates, Bandits and The Ring of Water in addition to your basic guild. But not instead of one of the basic guilds.
Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:28 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Ahh i get it now so you can actually join 3 guilds so if i want to join the mercenaries i can join the pirates to and the thieves to yes i understand thank you
Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:27 pm
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

ok now im rly confused sum people say the new guilds are main ones and others that they are side guilds
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:16 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Well, it's like this:

The add-on is not a stand-alone game. The add-on adds a new stretch of land, new NPCs, new quests, new guilds, new dialog options, new items and skills and animals etc. to the game Gothic II. The add-on also adds a new 'secondary main quest', i.e., a new, pretty large series of quests making use of all the new stuff added.

BUT the add-on main quest is not the main quest of Gothic II - it's just like a secondary main quest.

The new guilds coming with the add-on are pivotal to the big add-on quest - so you won't get around joining them if you want to take part in the add-on storyline.

BUT these guilds are not main guilds like Fire Mages, Paldins and Mercs. These three remain the main guilds for the whole game of Gothic II including the add-on.

Believe me... I played the add-on sometime last year.
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:29 pm