Super noob needs help... paladin, mage or lee
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Neron
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Super noob needs help... paladin, mage or lee

I just started playing Gothic 2, i have never playd Gothic 1... so U can say that im a noob.
But i stuck... i pland to join lee with the mersenarys (or what ever) but i've heard that the paladins is mutch simpler.
Now i'm stuck.. shoud i join the paladins (melitia).. fire mages or the mercenarys...
and if i choos the paladins... where is the bandits... iv found the orc but there are too manny other monsters there... so guest that the bandits are mutch easyer... is the bandits the guys in the light house?? or am i totaly confuest???

need good advice... help

(ps. i know my enlish stinks)
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:43 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Whichever you like most, with those you can join. Paladins are not harder/easier then mercenaries, mage will be more difficult to play. Other then that, whichever you like.

And what bandits you mean? What's the quest name? In which area?
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:18 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The mercenary campain is the one i found to be most eksiting but the Mage campaign let's you discover a little more of the story.
The Mercenarys are god fighters but kan not learn magic, the paladins kan use magic, the Mages are not good fighters but kan train a lot of magick spells.

Also to find the thieves guild you must first turn inn one of their men to Andre, and then you go down to the bar down at the docs there the barkeeper will tell you that a guy nammed Atilla wants to talk to you. On his body you will find a key, if you then jump in the water and swim away from the docs untill you kan see an old door wich leads to the sewers. there you kan do some quests for the thieves guild untill you kill them.

With the orc weapon u are supposed to find you have several options
If you go down the wood to the right from the town gate (where you enter the city for the first time) you will see an Orc scout.
either you kan get a hunter to go with you for 50 gold coins ore if you leave the gate where mika is standing and turn left and follow the wall untill you see an old boat close to the boat there is a cave with an orc axe in it. Ore if you go fhurther down the woods where the orc scout is you will find a shadowbeast, get the beast to follow you untill you get to the orc scout. let the two of them fight untill one of them is dead then simply take out the wounded winner.
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:23 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

@Neron- Since you yourself claim you are a "super noob," I say join the militia, as their way through the game is the easiest and most noob-friendly.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:28 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Yes I say the militia too. You can join them very easily, you'll get the best armor and some very destructive (swwweeeett) runes to use.
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:50 am
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

G2 is not a very dificult game if you compare it to G1, so just to make the most of the gane i would recomend mercenary or Mage.
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:09 am
Neron
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Rydjord, i found a orc elite near the cave where the bandits are... is that harder or esyer than an orc scout. (lett me guess, elite is harder)
I didnt know about the orc's that you tould me about... Thx! and tnx 4 all the other advices... especialy about the theives guild.

quote:
Originally posted by MageofFire
@Neron- Since you yourself claim you are a "super noob," I say join the militia, as their way through the game is the easiest and most noob-friendly.

I realy am a super noob... thx

quote:
And what bandits you mean? What's the quest name? In which area?

I ment the quest where u need to get aproval for all the masters...

Thank U all 4 good advice!
Bye the way i chouse the mercenarys. but then loaded back too befor i chouse them then i chouse melitia. if i want i can loade back and chouse to become a novice in the monastery... but i have only traind my fighting skils so i thougt it would be hard at the begining...

Yea, and one moe thing. I need to know whitch skils i good to know... til now i only know sneek, skin, and too make a sword... what else is there use of knowing? and dose a bow come in handy i battle?
TY
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:12 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Yes, the orc elites are harder than the orc scouts. Much harder. If you're majoring in fighting, it's good to train your strength. Also, the higher you train your dexterity, the faster you can swing your sword.

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:46 pm
Neron
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

cool! I havent trained dexterity at all i thought that only helped whith bow and crossbow. i was planing to train that L8er. Is there any use in lerning how to make potions? until now i've learned snek, take trophy, pick pocket, pick locks and makin a sword. and is there a way to make a bether sword (then "self made sword") with only knowing the basics of sword making?
Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:34 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

In my Dragon Hunter file, I only learned how to make one potion, and that was towards the end. I got through that file okay without, but as a mage, I am discovering that I can save quite a bit of gold by making my own potions.

Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:10 am
Neron
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

SHIT... i going to kick bolco (or someone)'s ass. sudenly i picked up his wapon and gold as usole. then all of a suden all the farmers ran afrer me like maniacs. I hadent saved for quite a wile, and gues what, i pushed the wrong buton. i puched F5(quicksave) in sted of F9(quickloade) SHIT...

by the way.. how long dos it take to mecom a dragonhunter or Paladin??
Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:22 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

quote:
i pushed the wrong buton. i puched F5(quicksave) in sted of F9(quickloade)

That is the bane of all gamers
Enjoy the game, there is no right or wrong. Practicing is important , but fun is more. I''m still starting characters, 3 months now!
Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:56 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

You're going to have to challenge Bullco verbally if you don't want anyone else to join the fight. Remember, the Merceneries said it was okay to fight as long as you challenge a Mercenery verbally.

Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:15 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

And don't steal because many times if you steal from them after you challenged them, they will attack you too
Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:31 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well mostly u can steal from them but u gotta know how
Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:47 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next