Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Whats a good place to level my Wood Elf Marksman?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

Whats a good place to level my Wood Elf Marksman?

I cant seem to find a steady spawn of critters.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 12:17 am

simland
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I got the same character scheme going on. Just travel the world you will find plenty of critters to shoot at. Or, not recommended, you can go throughout the town and use people for target practice.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 12:38 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Travel up and down Foyadas. You'll quickly realize why people abhore Cliff Racers.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 4:28 am
Uruz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

There is only one place I found that trained the Marksman skill

It was a guy that lived in a hut on a Stronghold, but I never properly took note so I don't exactly know where it is... Somewhere in the middle section of the map...
Post Wed May 29, 2002 5:04 am
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

There are many marksman trainers, look around in the big city's.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 12:11 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

There's a marksman trainer in the Morag Tong guild house in Balmora.
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Wed May 29, 2002 12:31 pm

Or you can buy a summon creature spell (a cheap one like Skeletal Minion), and cast that and shoot/kill it, all without having to hunt all over the world. You can get practice in Conjuration, armor and weapon skills. You can do this beside a bed, and rest whenever you need. (Do not summon creatures when there are guards around, or they will kill you, I think).

I enchanted an amulet that I called my "Skeletal Trainer", and added summon skeletal minion to it (since my conjuration failed often since it was low). It cost about 5k to make I think, since the minion only has to stay around for about 10 seconds. Plenty of time to kill it, even better if you are low level, since it will poof very quickly if it's beating you up too badly.

I did this since I wanted tighter control over my leveling and stat increases, especially during the first couple of levels.

Marksmanship is pretty good, contrary to what I've seen people complaining about. Keep your bow in tip-top shape with Armorer, get your acrobatics and athletics and speed up, use the environment to your advantage, and you can win many hard fights easily. I particularly enjoy some later quests where people challenge you to arena duels. Sitting above them in the stands, raining arrows down on their unprotected heads is quite amusing.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 6:10 pm

AlexScherr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I agree with the suggestions. I just wanted to add that one of my favorite activities as a marksman is to shoot cliff racers at a distance; at high levels, it usully takes only 2-3 shots with a bow, and sometimes only 1 shot with a crossbow to take them down. I hate cliffracers. . .

Alex
Post Wed May 29, 2002 9:50 pm