Knightshift German Demo
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Knightshift German Demo

German site KGN have posted the German <a href="http://www.k-files.de/download1.khtml?fileid=2570&mode=downs&under=2&id=945885622&ver=1" target="_blank">Knightshift demo</a>. It weighs in at a hefty 493Mb (!) and apparently contains around 5% of the entire game.
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:02 am
methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Its a bigun but the speed is okay...d/ling at almost 90 per sec.
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:03 am
methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Well I d/led the game to check out the rpg elements and that I did.The game is graphically quite beautiful.I played a barbarian to the end of the rpg part of the demo.Its very short and if thats 5% of the entire rpg part of the game then its too little for me.I was also tired of the whinning of my Bayern barbarian,he just wouldn't stop and the accent drove me nuts.I think this game is probably 90% stragedy and 10% rpg,if that.
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:52 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

How long is the RPG part?
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:13 am
methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

In the demo? About 10 min. if you just do what is asked of you.
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:36 pm

A babarian with bavarian(it rimes! ) accent? That sounds even more annoying than those npcs with saxon accent in the german language version of BG 1.
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:06 pm

Vid

hehe, the magician in the beginning looks like those "monk" creatures from the "dark crystal"movie
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:20 pm

methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I found that the first campaign,"The Return of the Prince" has more rpg to it than strategy.Its also quite abit longer than the rpg part of the demo.Its all a little confusing at first but it seems the game does have more rpg elements in the "strategy" part of it than I first thought.The real,for me, strategy part of the demo begins in the 2nd. campaign when you set up a base camp.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:07 am
Vid

I was confused also at first, because i was not able to play the rpg part before finishing the strategy campaign. (maybe my fault..)

I dont know why they split everything in two parts and taking out elements of each part when you play the other.
For example: the hero in the strategy part has no inventory and no stats/skills, while he has them in the rpgpart. But the rpgpart on the other hand alone seems to be a little bit bland... you know: running arround killing monsters, collecting some gold pieces, listening to stupid dialects.. (diablo like while lacking the necessary userinterface tweaks to make it fun)

i think if you really take it as a FUN rts/rpg one can even laugh about the stupid saxxon dialect. hehe (nü, isch wolld groad möinen pfümp ühr dee drünkn)
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:24 am

methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I thought the dialect was bavarian but then again saxon is just as bad.You have to take this game with some humor but then again I don't really understand German humor that well.Is there even such a thing?
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:43 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You bet.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:07 pm