Usergroups
Am I stuck? Or am I dumb?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Thanks a bunch for the info. I got a new question though, I think I just screwed myself. Towards the beginning of the game I was having a blast training orcs into the south entrance of the OC, I eventually got all the entrance guards killed accept for the one that can't die. I just entered the chapter right after those nuts in the SC tried awakening the sleeper. I just became a guard as well. Is this chapter 3 or 4? I don't remember... Anyway, now I think I am stuck. When I go to the SC I talk to Dusty's friend and he tells me to go bring Dusty there. I go and get Dusty, and he tells me I have to pay the guards 100 ore in order to get out.... Well, I think the guards I am supposed to give the 100 ore to are dead. So what happens is I just walk right out with Dusty following me, and even after we enter the SC he still acts as though we haven't left the OC yet. I brought him to his friend and tried talking to his friend but his friend doesn't have anything to say, and Dusty just repeats the last thing he said before he starting following me- about paying 100 ore to the guards in order to get out. Am I screwed or what?? Or is there just someone else inside the SC I am supposed to bring him to? Is this even a quest that has to be completed in order to progress in the game? Or is it just an extra quest worth some experience or a little reward that isn't really important?

Please help me get out of this mess, if I'm in one.

Here is a list of all the people that could be important, that I've gotten killed in one way or another:

In the Old Camp:

Jackal- I trained a shadow beast on him so I could loot his shiny yellow crossbow.

Bloodwyn- I got him killed by training The Guardian on him because he kept asking me to pay him my daily contribution of 10 ore everytime I tried to walk by him.

Cuttler- I accidently got him killed when I trained both The Guardian and the giant Troll into the castle at the same time.
(I did this for amusement, and believe me, it was the best show I've ever seen. The fight lasted for about 3 hours and about 5 regular guards were killed. The best part was when the troll flung one of the mages through the air right over the edge of the castle where the broken bridge thingy is. I went outside and walked all the way around and looted some runes of his corpse. I'll make another thread for this, everyone should try it out! WoohOOO Hehehe)

A mage- I got one killed when I trained the Troll and The Guardian into the castle. I don't remember his name, I think it began with a K?

In the Sect. Camp:

Gor Na Drak- I was running around this camp checking out the swords on everyone's backs. I saw one sword that looked original so I decided I would fight the owner for it. Gor Na Drak had the sword. I fought him on that little bridge thingy in the middle of the camp. We both ended up in the shallow water, swinging our sword this way and that. I eventually won the fight and robbed him and got the sword. I did not finnish him off because I didn't want to kill anyone. But I guess since he was laying under water he must have drowned before he could get back up. So then, the water killed him... eh?

Please let me know if any of these people ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DIE!!!

This game would be a lot better if you couldn't kill the people who played essential roles in the game. Or is it like that? Maybe I am just worrying about nothing and just haven't thought of what to do next. Anyway, I am stuck so please tell me what to do to progress in the game. I just entered either chapter 3 or 4, and the only thing I've done is go back to the OC and become an official guard by talking to Thorus.

Thanks, SirDiety
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:17 pm
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

*Ahem*
As a general rule you never want to kill anyone. Some of the characters do piss you off or have better weapons. But you should stick to the storyline.
Normally any character that plays an important role later can't be killed. But not in every case. I can't blame you for having fun by inserting trolls and stuff, but don't save those games.
Ok Dusty or Melvin, don't bring them together. You have to bring him to a Baal way in the back of the sect camp. He is off to the back and he is seen instructing 3 newcomers. Ask lester to bring you to the tutors.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:26 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Why as a general rule? If it weren't supposed to be a part of the game then it wouldn't be possible...right? My character is playing the role of rutheless, but merciful member of the Old Camp. In other words, I see something I want, I'll try to get it, as long as I don't have to get MY hands dirty... I am rutheless because I lure beasts into the city to kill my own people so that I can profit from their remains, yet I am merciful for helping people who present themselves as helpless or show kindness towards me.

Anyway, I was just concerned if it would prevent me from beating the game or not. Thanks for answering me. I'll go continue my journies =)
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:41 pm
dunno
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I don't think any of the NPCs you've killed are vital to the main quest. You should still be able to finish.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:42 pm

You can still join the sect camp if you want. You only need 4 baals of the 5 to approve ya.

Just talk to a Baal in the New camp and help him sell his weed. This quest line will get you in good standing with a Baal in the sect camp eventually.

Not doing the Dusty quest doesn't hurt anything at all. It's just easier to do than the weed quest
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 1:04 am

SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I've got some more important questions for you guys before I go to bed. Answer as many as you can...hehe

1) Where exactly do I take Dusty in the Sect. Camp? Someone told me I am supposed to take him to a Baal, but which one? And where is he?

2) What do I do with the book and the focus I got from Khor Kalams chest?

3) Where is the best place to go if you need a lot of experience really fast?

4) What is the best One-handed weapon and where do I get it?

5) What is the best cross-bow and where do I get it?

6) What is the best Two-handed weapon and where do I get it?

7) What is the best armer and where do I get it?

What do I do with that guy in the swamp named Parch or something like that? He says he hates the Sect. Camp... Where do I take him when he starts following me?

9) Are runes like srolls except you can use a rune as many times as you want and it never runs out?? What is the difference?

10) What is the glowing blue orb type thing in the swamp on one of those tiny island things? It looks like a transparent blue orb floating over a tree stump.

Double-thanks, SirDiety

[ This Message was edited by: SirDiety on 2002-01-14 20:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: SirDiety on 2002-01-14 20:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: SirDiety on 2002-01-14 20:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: SirDiety on 2002-01-14 20:32 ]
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:28 am

This is my first post.
I have tried to ensure as much accuracy in this post as possible.
1) I am not sure which Baal to take Dusty to, but as I remember it, he is talking to novices somewhere near the smith.
2)Give the focus and the book to Saturas, a Water Mage, talk to Cronos and he will give you the password to see Saturas. They are both in the New Camp.
3)I think the fog tower is a good place to kill skeletons without risking messing up the storyline, you will also find "The Stranger" quest in there, but do save before you try to kill the skeleton mage. This is because, on occasion, a summoning error will crash Gothic.
4 & 5) Both of these are on Scar, he is one of Gomez’s bodyguards. They are the Crossbow of War and Scar's Sword.
6) The best non-quest 2 handed weapon is Innos’ Rage, or something on those lines, which you will find on Gomez, it is 110 damage I believe. However there is a sword, which you will have the option to keep it as 120 magic damage and 30 fire damage, or turn it into a Circle 6 rune.
7) Hmm, the best two “armers” are The Robe of the Dark Arts or the Improved Ore Armor. The Robe has less Arrow and Weapon resistance, but more Fire and Magic resistance.
Wherever you want, I think you can tell him that "Our paths seperate here" but I'm not sure if he will keep on following you like Mud.
9) Runes do not run out, however you need to be trained up to their Circle of magic. Eg. Anyone can use a fire bolt scroll, but you have to have the First Circle of Magic learnt before you can cast that spell as a rune.
10) I think that they are lights.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 3:10 am

SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I found the Baal I was supposed to take Dusty to and finnished that quest, thanks.

About Gomez, I tried fighting him but I couldn't even do any damage to him. Is he invincible this early in the game? Or am I just a wimp? hehe

Someone told me Scar's sword is only the second highest damage One-handed sword in the game... hmmm

I bet there is some kind of quest for that Parch guy in the swamp, I also bet there is some sort of quest for that blue orb thing I found... Why else would it be there? I'll investigate it further...

I got an original sword off one of the Gor's in the Sect. Camp. The name of the sword is "The King's Sword." Does this involve some sort of quest? Or is it just not a common sword until later in the game?

I found a "Magical Ore" somewhere in the castle I think. What is it for? Can I make a cool sword with it?

The ability to make swords using the raw steel and Smith's hammer seems a little extreme, is there a secret recipe for making an awesome item?

Thanks, SirDiety

[ This Message was edited by: SirDiety on 2002-01-15 08:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: SirDiety on 2002-01-15 08:47 ]
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:40 pm
glennluv
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I am level 26 and still haven't done the Dusty quest and problably won't. Not a problem.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:31 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

How do you tell what level you are?? How can you tell what your stats are also, like you total strength and dexterity?

Questions of the day!!

I am searching for the 5 focuses for the mage in the Sect. Camp. I found the one near the Troll where Diego helped me. I found the one near the waterfall where Thorus helped me. And I found the first one in the chest Khor Kalam left in his hut. Can anyone tell me where the others are? I was searching for one of them that appears to be somewhere in the orc lands on the map. I searched everywhere and the only place I think it could be is in the little orc's village. I went there and killed all the orcs, then turned myself into a mealbug so that I could go underneath the wooden gate thingy. Then the orcs on that side were too strong for me so I summoned 15 skeletons and let the skellies kill all those orcs for me. There are three things I found mysterious there, that I was unable to figure out:

- Near the center there is a tall pillar-type thing with something shaped like a crown at the top. How do I get it??

- Behind that pillar is a gate that is closed. There is a lever next to the gate but it says the lever won't even move.How do I open the gate or get inside?

- Deep in the tunnel around the corner are two cells across from one another. Each cell has its own switch next to it. One of the cells will not open, despite my efforts to push the switch. How do I get it open? Or is it not supposed to open?

Also, I still haven't figured out how to get the guy from the Sect. Camp inside the bar in the New Camp to give me some weed to sell for him. He keeps saying the same thing, no matter how many beers I feed him...

There is a secret cave just past the bridge in front of the main entrance to the Old Camp. You can only see the cave from in the water, it leads under the ground but I didn't see anything inside. There is a hole inside the cave where you can swim underwater and end up outside again further down the stream. The thing that sounds peculiar is that I didn't find anything inside the cave. Why would it be there if there wasn't anything in it? Is there something I missed??

[ This Message was edited by: SirDiety on 2002-01-15 20:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: SirDiety on 2002-01-15 20:05 ]
Post Wed Jan 16, 2002 1:50 am