I'm looking for info-NEWBIE!!!:)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Ender
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi!!
I'm a newbie here as you can see...and I've got a few questions about GOTHIC...I live in Poland(GOTHIC hasn't been released there)but I've been waiting for it a loooong time(and I'll have to wait a few months:))But I don't know if GOTHIC is as good as they say...(In our Polish conditions getting a demo of GOTHIC is pretty hard)so could you tell me your opinions about the game???It would be useful for me...
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 1:12 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

almost everybody here loves it. I mean you are at a fan site message board so you will not get un-biased opinions here. I think it is the greatest RPG I have ever played. I had gotten so sick of having to control a party of people to get a decent RPG experience. This solved it for me and the graphics are really nice. For more un-biased opinions check out the reviews, up in the top left hand corner where it says hosted sites, put your mouse over that and wait for the list of choices to drop and choose Gothic. In the news there are links to several Gothic reviews. Please note that most of us disagree with many points of Gamespot review.

[ This Message was edited by: Brak on 2002-01-02 09:48 ]
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:47 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Gothic is one of the best rpg's I have ever played. Even tho the story is somewhat liniar it never bores me and as you must know if you have read the forums a bit it's filled with bugs, but that doesn't stop me from playing like it usually would.
The only other rpg I have played that beat this is Planescape: Torment (but that's another way of controlling your char so can't really compare ).
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:01 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I like the game. Scroll down the differents messages on all the pages here in this forum and you will find few people who don't like it. The scenery is unlike any other game I have ever played, very beautiful skys, mountain, waterfalls, etc. The small details are quite impressive also. There are alot of games that I get bored with the music; but even the music in the game is good.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:23 pm
mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Jestah ...the game is NOT Filled with Bugs, Its Just You .( and your Buggy Computer)

The Only Bug that i Encountered , ( Twice through ), was the Access Violation Crash.

Otherwise Its The Best Game I Have ever Played so far !!
Post Thu Jan 03, 2002 6:13 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Buy it.
I am from Czech Republice. I have Gothic, in spite of it was not released in CR.
Fortunately I have good friends abroad.
It is one of best RPGs I have ever played. It has many characteristics, that no other comp-game has.
But - it was in 2nd post in this topic - we are fans of this game, so if you read here just (or mostly), that this game is great, it is surely not opinion of all people. There are some poeple (and several post were also here), who think, that Gothic is average game.

Excited opinions are everywhere around, so here is link on complex opinion (here in this forum - you maybe already read it), which is not so excited:

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1459&forum=2&9

With best wishes of patience

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-01-03 02:21 ]
Post Thu Jan 03, 2002 8:17 am
Ender
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks guys...Oh and btw..I've got the demo!!!!woooohoooo!!!!The game RULEZ!!!!

Can't wait to get it!!
Thanks again
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 5:26 pm