Usergroups
Swamp Witch???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ok, im wandering if the Siteings of her are true or if a couple of people have been smoking way to much swampweed. Danicek Gave me links to posts that talk about her but after reading them im really not sure what to belive. Im leaning towards that its a pile of BS. But Who knows.

[ This Message was edited by: Cloaked Figure on 2002-02-19 01:53 ]
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 7:46 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

mystery was, is and stays forever, mystery is "spice" of live...
also wolrd under the barriere has its mysteries, mystaries about which we are not sure about...

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-02-19 01:59 ]
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 7:59 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

She was something the programmers put in to reward die-hard players, like the pantaloons in BG. Actually getting her to appear is VERY difficult, that's why she isn't talked about more; a lot of players probably don't yet now she's in the game.
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 8:01 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

If you don't mind a little... um.. constructive optimization of game faults... yeah... that's it... the BEST way to get her to appear is to leap off the cliff closest to the island shrine. Just remember to strafe left or right or you might get a glimpse of her right before you do a dirt-dive. I saw her flicker once from the top of the cliff... it's the ONLY time I've been able to get to her. Otherwise she's just gone.

I tried to reproduce it 30 times after she smoked me (I wasn't ready, and she's a REAL ... uh... witch. With a b.) and finally got her again and was ready this time. Man, it was WORTH the effort!

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:18 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

She can only be slain by Nelik's Sword.
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:40 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Well, that explains why I wasn't harming her in the slightest then. Dammit... and here I thought Neliks sword was a myth. Grr... back to hunting for it then...

Hell of a fight regardless. Worth the effort.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:55 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:

On 2002-02-19 15:55, EverythingXen wrote:
Well, that explains why I wasn't harming her in the slightest then. Dammit... and here I thought Neliks sword was a myth. Grr... back to hunting for it then...

Nelik's Sword is quite easy to make, all you must do is find some tape so you can put Uriziel and Innos' Rage together.
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:10 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Duct, scotch, or packing tape? So far I've only found Scotch tape... but it seems that such an item deserves a little better. Where do you find another type of tape?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:16 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

Well, from reading all these posts, I think it's safe to say the Swamp Witch doesn't really exist in the game and was made up by people on this forum as a running joke. Newbies beware, and don't fall for it and waste your time looking!
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 11:23 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

It's not the witch that's the joke, it's just the Nelik's sword thing.
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 11:31 pm
Bane
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well you know something, I was bored today so i decided to see how much swamp weed i could smoke... so after about 20 minutes or so I got bored with that and started to walk around then I saw the sleeper. Everyone should try it, it is both freaky and amazing at the same time.

Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 11:34 pm
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hmm, Guess im Gonna Have to spend sometime in the swamp to find out if the rumors are true. O well. Gives me something to do on my free time.
Post Wed Feb 20, 2002 1:10 am
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hmm, Guess im Gonna Have to spend sometime in the swamp to find out if the rumors are true. O well. Gives me something to do on my free time.
Post Wed Feb 20, 2002 1:15 am
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

S.C. are you really serious that the swamp witch is real and not a joke? Have you actually seen it and has anyone else? Please, serious replies only. I don't want to spend hours in a swamp wasting time(and I don't want others who read this to hae to waste their precious time either) because someone is making a cruel joke here...
Post Wed Feb 20, 2002 1:15 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The whole thing was a joke for one special forum member. We made up some requirements he could never fulfil because he killed everybody.
Post Wed Feb 20, 2002 1:24 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next