Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Can I put a costant effect enchant on my armor?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Uruz

I use an enchanter, it isn't too cheap, but money I have. My enchant skill is maybe 40, but trying an enchant that complex always destroys my soulgem. Anyways here is what I do after I have a trapped Golden Saint:

Lets say we want to make some boots with water walking constant effect
Goto an Enchanter
(even try persuading them, maybe this has an effect, you will get a better deal anyways)
Select Enchanting
Select whichever item you want to Enchant, in this example some boots
Select the Soulgem to Use, 80K Grand Soulgem with Golden Saint
In the bottom left of the window, click the button that says Cast On Use, until it shows Constant Effect
Select the Spell you want to use, it must be a spell you purchased from a Mage, for this example, water walking

A new window will popup, for this Water Walking spell it is really easy, just click to cast on Self and there is no parameters when dealing with Constant Effect. For other spells you will have to configure magnitude, duration, and range. Click OK when everything is configured

Type in a name for it or just use the default
This spell should cost 12k or so
Click OK
You now have boots with constant Water Walking effect

Post Mon May 20, 2002 5:26 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I already did all that...I must be stupid because I never get any of that. Are we assuming that all enchanters in this game have like 100 in enchanting or something?
Post Mon May 20, 2002 5:55 pm
some guy

Do you have a 60k gem or an 80k gem? That might make a difference. I haven't tried it myself tho
Post Mon May 20, 2002 6:24 pm

Pinthar

Re: Grand Soul Gems

Exquisite ring and amulet hold 120/240 and that is maximum that I found so far. I would also be interested in where to find greater soul gems...[/quote]

I have found 6 Greater Soul Gems (The small yellow donut looking ones) in the very northern island just south of Dagon Fel (about 2 minutes running time to the south) . They are located on the coast in a cave down the hill from an ancient factory, and across the water from an old shipwreck. You have to kill four thugs, to include a stupid Wizard, or you can just rush in and steal them. They are all in boxes.

I'm only Level 12, and havn't yet used them, but I have them stored on a 600 gold platter I stole from some stupid Wizard. w00t

Right now I'm trying to get the factories to work. I think they might be some power generating plants or something powerfull to create some very twisted magic.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 6:27 pm

freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well I was finally able to get it so better late then never. I am using golden saints and ascended sleepers because they are worth 80k and are the only ones that work. Now the huge problem I have is I have all glass armor and they have like hardly any enchanment cabablity. I only have like 10 points on my boots so I had to use my helmet with a cound cost of 15 just to get water walking. My shield at 30 is the only thing I have over 15. What are most people using that gives you large enchantment cost. The dedric swords that I have are even really low (like 15 and so on) oh well. I reall just want an enchantment of some sort so I am all shiny and pretty looking...hehe
Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:20 pm
WinnipegDragon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have been able to do two constant effect enchantments without any difficulty. My theif actually went out and started fighting in heavy armour to up my skill in that, so that I could enchant something besidesmy glass armour. Most glass stuff has a max enchant of about 15, so they are useless for anything major.

I have enchanted:

Glass Greaves of Striding - Constant Effect: +2 Fatigue
I can run all day and swim as much as I want. The stamina regenerates very quickly when standing skill, and hardly drops when I run long distances.

Amulet of Gills - Constand Effect: Water Breathing
Being a roguish sort, I wanted to be able to examine all of the coastlines, and shipwrecks.

Both were enchanted with the enchanter at the Mages Guild in Balmora. I used scrolls of Gem-Feeder, stolen grnad soul gems, and summon Golden Saint scrolls. Summoned the saint, hit it with the scroll of Gem-Feeder, and hacked it to death with my Daedric Wakizashi. Poof! 80k Grand Soul Gem. No trouble enchanting constant effects at all.

As soon as I can find a few more scrolls of Summon Golden Saint, I will be enchanting my Glass Helm with Constant Night Eye, and then my Daedric Gauntlets with fortify STR and END.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 3:42 pm
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

I got a daedric round shield constant effect +30 to strength. I think the daedric shields have the highest enchant rating. I plan to get this shield for my thief and have a +30 agility added
Post Tue May 21, 2002 4:31 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I am learning how to use the TES right now because it really looks complicated. I want to make all the glass armor have a higher enchant rate (it will be cheating but I don't want to have to twitch to heavy armor just for high ac and hig enchant rate because that wouldn't be roleplaying being an assasin and all)
Post Tue May 21, 2002 5:45 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3