RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

i'm telling you
Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 12:04 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, summoner is really good game.
But traveling is most boring that I have ever seen in any game...
So...
Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 12:55 pm
R.O.A
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No,it is a cool game anyway!!!!!!

Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 6:36 pm
Dog Of War
Village Leader
Village Leader

[CUT THE CRAP]
Summoner is the best alternative

i'm telling you
[/CUT THE CRAP]

NO IT ISNT!!! THIS ONE IS BETTER!!!!!
http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/index.shtml

Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 7:05 pm
GamigiN
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Summoner was fun for a while. But Gothic beats the shit outta Summoner.
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 12:43 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Lot of people say that exact same thing:
Summoner is good
Traveling is long and sucks

Well, I dont know how many more Gothic sessions I have in me, maybe I'll try this one out this weekend.
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 1:47 pm
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

It's really worth trying. I think it's even longer than Gothic. Also there're many subquests through all the game. In Gothic, subquests were practically only in chapter 1.

[ This Message was edited by: soltys on 2002-01-22 13:31 ]
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 7:22 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

uhmzz i still dont own summoner. is there too citys and all that stuff what was in gothic?
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 7:31 pm
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

There're a lot of places and they're really large. The whole world is BIG and there're quests that require you to be everywhere. And a lot of subquests. You start with one character, later you will go with four (and belive me, you'll need them all to win). Fight is a bit different from Gothic, but not too much. Info about all (sub)quests in this game is nice thing to have if you don't want to miss any of them. After few weeks of playing I completed this game without two subquests only Great graphics, great music, excellent story.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:16 am
Sorencera
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic was a better game game overall yet Summoner possessed many of those moments during it's gameplay where I had to just pause for a moment to take in the sheer splendor and atmosphere of the various settings and eye candy. Summoner would have been one of the best RPGs ever if it's gameworld had been one large seemless map instead of travel via a world map like Fallout 2.

Summoner was still an awesome game. I'd recommend it to any and all who love taking up the sword in a high fantasy setting. One review I read recently claimed Summoner was nothing more than a Diablo clone. That is utter nonsense. The world is richly detailed and fully 3D with a zoomable camera. Combat is realtime yet highly enjoyable, and the sheer number of monsters to summon and slay are admirable.

I'm glad that I prsonally played Summoner before Gothic; in a way it seemed like a logical evolutionary step from a great RPG with many awesome ideas to an even better game with many near perfect hours of exploration. I say if you're finished with Gothic and going through major RPG withdraws,pick up Summoner and enjoy!
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:51 am

hey, now that you are talking about Summoner
Please, could you give me any tip to defeat the boss in the sewers. Thank you.
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:52 am

I love Gothic does it mean i'd enjoy Summoner, or it's just a bigger Diablo?
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 6:52 am

RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

a: its nothing like diablo! its totaly differant, its more like gothic, but not as much freedom to do what eva u want, and traveling is god damn rediculous, i paid my sister to travel to a country once, while i made myself a milo, its annoying.
b: Diablo is a great hack n slash rpg, its real fun but its not in the same league as gothic, differant type of game.

- Se7en
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 7:49 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Ok so I got Summoner, Two Thumbs up for this one for these reasons:
Graphics- Very very nice! Nice combat moves lots of eyecandy.
Story/Gameplay- Long as hell! In a good way. Most games I play are done in a weeks time. I been playing this game day and only just got past the midway point, and it never gets dull and the armor/weapons/items are always changing and getting stronger as you go along
Multiplayer- This is where this game outdoes Gothic. YES it *IS* a lot like Daiblo in Multi-play but in a fully 3d beautiful way!! Whichever of the 4 chars you liked the most but couldnt play to the max cause you had play the summoner, now is your chance to max them out. Hunt with others or solo and level up your toon. In MP, items armors and weapons come a lot faster, but the level rates are much higher (75 level cap but higher level reqs, making the MP replay much longer)
In a nutshell, after you get done with the SP, you'll have hours and hours of re-play with the MP.
Its not the same Genre as Gothic, but its definitely a top-dog in the genre its in
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:00 pm

I finished Gothic twice. I wanna get Summoner but can't find it. If someone knows the needed FTP please answer.
Post Tue Feb 05, 2002 5:06 am