FINISHED CRYPT " SHIELD OF ELDER "/ GOT KRAHOZ...q
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

FINISHED CRYPT " SHIELD OF ELDER "/ GOT KRAHOZ...q

I am already playing a skewed version of game(see other threads)and sometimes things happen differently than walkthru or what I've read in other threads...but at the end of the crypt when I killed the Lich guarding the exit...and rm 13 level 6 was supposed to open...it didn't...I could see the entrance but couldn't open it ...walkthru says it'll be open...and the door in rm 7 level 5 won't open either...I've been back 3-4 times and gone thru 2 complete locpic sets using Bless...also...the area that the walkthru describes as a "trapped corridor...rm 14 level6 levitate over spikes" was lava in my version...anyone else encounter these things?...I've gone on to get the KRAHOZ...no problems there...just wondering???Also noticed in attempting to kill LICH here that each time I was killed and LICH came back to fight me it was a different version...he used different tactics and spells and didn't always summon a minion to help him ...that helped in the final try when I succeded...He had a GOLEM HEART in his inventory...a necklace and the MORTIS rune...what has anyone else encountered ?//
THANKS

THE TAROT
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:03 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The walkthrough is full of errors for that part of the crypt (as you highlited) so don't be too suprised about discripencies.

For the liches it seems random... sometimes the fight with them is much easyer then others...

For level5 room 7, you need higher lockpicking skill I'm affraid. I managed to open it but with rather high stats (70ish and more).

For Level6 room 13, I don't know, it just opened for me once the liche was killed (for all I know it might have been opened before that too...
Did you make sure to trigger the levers at location 11 and 12? Maybe the walkthough it wrong and you need to use these levers to open the room 13, not actually jsut kill the liche...
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:22 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

walkthru discrepincies...using golem heart

Thanks RED...you are very helpful...and can always be counted on for more info...it's appreciated...YES I did trigger those levers...secret rm was closed...I have walked thru wall to acquire what's there though...NOW I've got 3 Golem hearts and want to explore the potiential of Paralize on a weapon...any experience here?...I have 2 magical swords that don't accept the enchantment...and if I enchant with a regular sword will it be a limited number paralize like poisen or is it permanant??? My stats are lower than yours...

THE TAROT
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:20 am
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

enchantment

(ALL LICHES ARE THE SPAWN OF SHANY!)

After you "use" the heart on a weapon, be sure to cast enchant weapon to make it "stick".

Back to lichies, have you gotten inut's bow? 5 to 8 quick shots really burn them up, lol. Fire each arrow off and it interrupts their casting, so i dont have a scratch. Forget spells, I love this bow..... Since i "found" it ive not used a single spell. Granted I have the helm and armor too. Oh i did have to break down and use a levitate......
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:51 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Nah no experiements with enchantements yet. My casting level is too low still and I'm stilll waiting for my new computer (I went to the store and they didn't have the any AGP8X mobo so I said screw you and left) before I tackle Arx again.

I'm also waiting for an official instruction on getting Inut's stuff. I find it a bit lame as an egg. I'm hoping I'll find a note explaining how to do it later on rather then base it on the walkthrough.
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:29 am
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

let me know when and where you find that note, id like to see it too. it is such an obscure formula there must be clues somewhere. its more work that creating the ultimate weapon i think.
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:49 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Has anyone with a very hogh Object Knowledge try to open ALL the chests and doors in Arx? May be information on obscure things can be found there..
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:00 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I didn't try the castle doors but I've openned all doors in the city except for the bank (I'm waiting to get my new machine to play again and finish that part).
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:20 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

By castle doors you mean the big doors outside human outpost? How about chests? I remember that one of the developers said that there are locked chests and doors w/o keys in game and the only way to open them is by lockpicking.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:12 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I meant the doors INSIDE the castle (the resting quarters of people living in the castle).

And yes there are quite a few chests (and doors) without keys.

There's also a chest in the rebel camp I can't seem to open (Am mentions "It's impossible" or something like that) I'm guessing I need to raise my skill again but right now Magic has priority in my game
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:54 pm
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

think outside the box

if its driving you nuts, use the passwall cheat spell to go beyond dorrs w/o keys. as for chests... just a theory, those who have high magic, have you tried a couple fireballs on a chest you cannot open? or an incinerate?

i think the no key rooms are solely to help the thief character advance in the game, becuase when i passwalled to them, they usually contain useful items that are usually gained by fighting. and in goblin castle, if you dont go to the treasury the normal way, but passwall or pick lock before being granted access, there are more items than the ones you get when you cheat or lock pick before obtaining permission.
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:43 am