FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Enchanting Qeustion
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread

Enchanting Qeustion

Is there something wrong here? I have 100 enchantment level and everytime I try to enchant my equisite ring with 12 resist magika it fails and i lose the gem. Also the same from my ebony longsword. Is there somehing I'm doing wrong here? Does this happen to anyone else?
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:46 pm

BearishSun
City Guard
City Guard

it happens to everyone. For larger enchantments you should use NPC's
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:50 pm
D.J.
Village Leader
Village Leader

how high is your intelligence?
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:53 pm

my inteligence is 100
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:59 pm

another question i have is, if i put enchantments on my ebony longstaff, whats the difference between, cast when strikes touch and cast when strikes target?
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:02 pm

D.J.
Village Leader
Village Leader

try making a potion that raises your intelligence to 1000, then it should work.
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:27 pm
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Start by making rings that raise your intelligence by 31pts for 10 seconds. Y0u should be able to make those about half the time. Once you have about 5 of them, start trying to make ones that raise it by 100 for 10 secss. When you have enough to make your intelligence about 1200+ cast them all, very quickly, and make an item. You should have no prob making 120pt enchantments.
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:12 pm

thanks, but would making a bunch of spells that raise my inteligence by 100 work too?
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:49 pm

Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I suppose they would. But you'd run out of mana quite fast. With the rings, and an enchant of 100, they'll recharge before you've even made a couple good items. Just make sure to name all the items (I recommend rings, they're light) in a similar way, so that you can switch between them faster. Eg "smart ring#1", "smart ring#2" etc.
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:10 pm

do i put the rings on constant effect or cast when used? and if cast when used, how many seconds do you recommend
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:48 pm

BearishSun
City Guard
City Guard

he already said how many seconds. you cant use constant coz u cant equip more than 2 rings a time and you need to get 1200 INT with rings which can fortify your int for 1 to 47 pts max!(if used constant).so just make many cast when used rings with 100 pts, around 10 seconds is all you need I think, if you have few points left increase the magnitude
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:58 pm
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
thanks, but would making a bunch of spells that raise my inteligence by 100 work too?

I would think spells would work best in conjunction with 100 alchemy level self made mana restore potion. My potions that have Daedra heart mixed with comberry keeps my mana bar FULL for 38 seconds straight of constant casting. And if you wanna brew my World Famous Daedra Hunting Wine Cooler throw in some Fire Salts and it'll put up a 61 second, 30 pt fire shield along with the constant mana
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:14 pm
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Interestingly enough, my character seems to be able to equip as many rings as he wants. I don't know how it happened, but it's good because there's no lag when I switch rings, but I do get all my constant effects on at the same time, which I don't like.

But making constant effect rings for intelligence would be a bad idea, you can only get 24 (or 1-47) points into an exquisite ring. Not nearly enough.
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:04 pm