View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Andysaurus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Kentucky Unfried Chicken

I have encountered the escapee chicken from Baldurs Gate,
but he won't talk to me (under reveal). I also here tell of the great were-chicken book in the castle library - what book ???? I have the chicken nutter journal from level 4.
Is there some special trigger needed to activate the de-chickeator quest (so far the nice friendly Ice Dragon merely mentioned about the Krakhoz)
Fair treatment for Dragons. Humans smell even worse than Chimps, so bad that even tigers don't like them. Now, We like tigers - fried, with apple sauce. That's why we're so rare, being at the Top of the Food Chain.
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:27 am
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

Lord Inut

Are you talking about the Lord Inut side quest...?You need the strange potion...did you make it...?Sounds like you have the most important ingredient if you have gotten a dragon egg...I don't remember the chicken book being important...Even in his human form Lord Inut didn't talk much...you just need to click the potion on him when he's in human form...talk to him...then stand back...

THE TAROT
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:43 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

I don't think there is any in game trigger. You simply collect the ingredients, brew the potion and use it on Sir Chicken. Mind you, I was never able to use the wonderful sword I got from him, but the 20,000 Exp were certainly useful.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:28 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

Inut's sword

CORWIN...
PLEASE...tell me more...why couldn't you use the sword...???
The only problem I have with the sword is with it's size...it partially blocks my field of vision...so glowing and very large like it is...I find it somewhat distracting...Of course now there isn't much left in the game for me to use it against...but I liked the way it preformed against the respawned Lichs and undead in the crypts...the paralize ability was too short-lived but still a very powerful weapon...Now it seems I must get back to level 8 and make the mithral sword and then the ultimate weapon...Killed the beast's earlier but needed a break and did this side quest...so Inut's sword is too soon to be replaced...Have you reached level 10...or have any hope of doing so...?
Thanks...

THE TAROT
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 1:52 am
corwin

I never reached level 10, only 9. I could never identify the sword and my strength was not great enough to use it. For me it was a wasted item. I did like my ultimate weapon though, it was cool.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:17 am
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

Using Inuts sword...

Yes...I have not been able to identify it either...in researching on the forum and talking to others it seems no one has been able to identify it ...even raising object knowledge to its highest...and my strength is also too low to equip unless I cast bless first...

THE TAROT
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:41 pm
Andysaurus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dragons egg

But how does get a Dragons egg - the dragon dos'nt want to sell them- he's just wants me to go away.
And where did the de-chickenator formula come from ????
Fair treatment for Dragons. Humans smell even worse than Chimps, so bad that even tigers don't like them. Now, We like tigers - fried, with apple sauce. That's why we're so rare, being at the Top of the Food Chain.
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:37 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

buying dragon eggs...strange potion formula location...

I believe the book in the castle library thats all about the races of Arx is the key to being able to buy from the dragon...read it... no need to do more than that...except to have enough $$$ in your inventory...the dragon then knows your character has the answer to her question about dragon scales...remember to click on your money pouch and click on her...she'll only sell you one...reasons in your new cutscene...
the strange formula is listed in the info on this forum under the heading for sidequests...no one has been able to find it as a book or letter or formula anywhere within the game as far as I know...check into the search at the top of the forum page...I've heard a rumor from someone who's finished the game... that he came across it in a book when he was checking out a secret room...the only way he got into the room was to use passwall...good luck...which of Inut's magical weapons do you want...?

THE TAROT
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:19 pm
sunshine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i battled down to the famed chicken , risked my life and wasted many mana potions. Upon reviving the poultrified lord he turns to me and gives me .......A BOW!?

A damn BOW!?

Geez, the advertisement said i got a sword, (i guess while supplies last only) What's the deal with this?
Post Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:36 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Bow?(Spoiler)

I killed the great one with that bow once I enchanted it. Don't poo poo the bow just yet.
Post Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:37 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

sword or bow

I hope you did a save game just before using the strange potion on Lord Inut...just reload and try again...I tried it numerous times and randomly got bow or sword...even used each to see which I preferred...

THE TAROT
Post Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:02 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I find the bos much more powerful (personally), as the swrods you get from the meteor are already damn powerful anyway. Added more versatility to my game anyhow, and it's with it that I killed akbaa's tentacles even though I invested 0 skill points in my balistical skill...
Post Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:40 am