Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Chest isn't pickable, and I find no one with the key?HELP!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

There are tons of creepy graveyards. I hate the ones that have fog, when you go near the music changes, and that have undead rising from them. I have a bad habbit of running into those.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:22 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

The worst of them is that one with the underground tomb near Onar's farm. That place is a death trap.
Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:31 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Fez
The worst of them is that one with the underground tomb near Onar's farm. That place is a death trap.

And a framerate killer! Try doing fire rain there when there are like 10 skelly's around you.
Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:30 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I've heard the place gets far worse when you unlock the Lord of the Shadows to fight down there. I actually never found the cave, to scared and didn't know where to look.
Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:02 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

quote:
Originally posted by Dunmer King
I've heard the place gets far worse when you unlock the Lord of the Shadows to fight down there. I actually never found the cave, to scared and didn't know where to look.

You should give it a try, I'd say it was one of the most difficult fights in the game when I got there. Due to sheer weight of numbers and the cramped conditions it ends up a mad slaughter. I used lots of summon scrolls to try to even the odds too.

Best tip for it is to go straight for the monster generators, otherwise you will be overwhelmed. Definitely worth doing the mini-dungeon though. You will find the entrance inside the church near the mercenary faction's farm. You have to hit the hidden switches to open it.
Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:49 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The one that is empty right? I found the switches but never found what it would open, I didn't hear anything. I am sure that as a high level paladin, it should be handleable. To think, the mercenaries are living with an evil entity right below their beds.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:42 am
dhughes_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

vault below~

it's been awhile since I was in there, but I think that after you activate both switches, the casket will slide over and leave an opening you drop down into.

good luck!
dhughes
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:51 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I didn't see it move when I played, and I actually looked. Is it the crypt with the mugs and plate you can pick up on the alter? It is in the center of that dead patch of land, in a small fence, close to the smoking guy?
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:46 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

It's not really a cave, more a crypt. On both sides of the tomb is a switch, press them (doesn't matter in which order) and the tomb will turn opening a small stairway into the ground.
Here you will find three chambers with skeletons after dealing with all the skeletons in all three rooms, you can just walk to the exit of the crypt.

Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:03 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by Dunmer King
I didn't see it move when I played, and I actually looked. Is it the crypt with the mugs and plate you can pick up on the alter? It is in the center of that dead patch of land, in a small fence, close to the smoking guy?

No. Further, past that, into the woods. There's a graveyard and in middle of it is a crypt. Has 2 black knight statues at both sides of the door, one statue is broken. Inside you'll see 2 switches, press them and the sarcophagus will move away and you can get inside, deeper. In there you'll find a skeleton of a hapless chap Ivan (or what his name was) and a note from him, among other items, telling about great evil and such.

In that area are 3 rooms. At start, there is a crypt guardian in each room and a chest. Guardians do not aggro on you at first, so you can go to them and attack. When you kill one, you get a key from it's inventory, which fits the chest in that room. When you open the chest, then few seconds after that you'll hear a bone cracking sound and soon 6 skeletons will pop in the room, at the wall, and a skeleton magi at the entrance to the room. Couple more seconds and the fun begins. Main thing is to take down the magi as soon as possible, or you get swarmed fast. Doesn't matter what level you are and with what amount of armor, an army of skeletons will rip you apart. Fire Rain is nice here, so collect them scrolls if you're not a mage (and even if you are ).

Now, when you clear out all 3 rooms like this and come out of the room, you hear that same bone cracking sound again. This time, 3 skeleton magis pop at the entrance of each room and also the 2 skeletons and the boss skeleton at the exit. Be quick there, as magis first try to freeze you on spot (like they tried each previous time) and then summon skeletons and then shoot you with ice bolt.

Basically, this is the bloody hardest fight sequence in the whole game, you need to be quick and coordinate your moves well, otherwise you get chopped up like a turkey on thanksgiving.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:56 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

aaaw Whailor why did you have to spoil so much without a warning, it was the only place in gothic 2 which i have not visited yet

Edit: i saw it was actually in the spoilers forum, so it was my own fault to look at it
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:29 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Thanks for telling me what to expect. I hate the undead without knowing what is ahead. Unfortunatly, I'll have to wait a few more months before playing the game again. But yeah, your explanation will hold me off for a while.
Post Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:55 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2