Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Upgrading from guard (some spoilers) (interesting issue)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I have read around a bit in the forum, and I want a confirmation of this before spoiling my entire game on a bad decision...

I have read from some people that you can upgrade to Templar or Mercenary after becoming a guard. Read on how, and if you know that this is true, please confirm, with some extra hints if you can.

*SPOILERS BELOW:

Guard -> Templar

Quote:
Question:
I just killed the Minecrawler Queen and got accepted as one of Thorus's guards. But when i look at my journal it says that if i take the eggs to Cor Angar then i might be accepted as a templar....what is up?...can i join two camps?...also, i still havent finished Raven's quest of "The Big Thing of the Brotherhood"...he wants me to "keep my ears open"....how do i complete this?
Answer:
Yeah, you're able to join two camps. But I don't remember how.
You can switch camps, one very specific conditions, though.
Read your journal often. Once your Raven quest section is updated to "I think I can go back to Raven now", that's when you tell Raven about stuff.

Guard -> Mercenary

Quote:
ok, you won't get a guard's heavy armour, but if you're a guard in the old camp and return the 5 focuses to Saturas, he'll allow you to join in the new camp as a Mercenary and allowing you to purchase Mercenary heavy armour from Lee (at a high cost).

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 11:24 am

If you really want a spoil....

sure?
ok, here goes

You wont be able to stay a guard in the OC. Things happen. I dont know if you can become a templar at that point but I became a mercenary soon after and later switched to water mage (which is pointless really as you will never become very good) but it doesnt matter if youve already maxed your crossbow and 2handed weapons.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 12:41 pm

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I see alot of reports of people becoming Mercenaries after becoming a guard. Its ok with me if Im not able to stay as a "guard in duty".
If I update to 2 handed weapon and get my red armor without loosing my chance to later on become a Templar I am happy.
(I intend to kill off Gomez before the end of the game anyway, as long as he doesnt change his manners... I dont think any of the OC guys will tell me to return my guard-armor if I do, and when I do it, I have probably became something better than guard anyway =) ).

Its a bit of roleplaying involved here... I would love to become a guard next to my only friend, Diego. I want to return the trust he have given me by becoming what he is. But Gomez is a screwed up bastard that will be the first to be put against the wall when the revolution comes, and I have heard that the OC will break down anyway so I gotta go for a "mastership" class in any of the other camps.

After I reached my "mastership" i intend to abandon my chosen camps beliefs. I came as a stranger, and I will leave as a stranger. I will always keep my indivuality. I have as few selected friends in the colony, but I will never belong to anyone else than me.

Mercenary or Templar...
They can be compared to Northern Barbarians vs Eastern Samurai's.
I rather be a Ronin (lost samurai) than a Barbarian.

To be promoted into Templar becouse of heroic deeds feels alot more honorable than goin the normal steps in the weed-smoking heararchy.

A bit carried away now... =)

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 3:11 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Ok, it goes like follows:

------------ MAJOR SPOILER BELOW -------------

First Armor
Diggers Trousers

Joining Old Camp
None -> Shadow
Shadow -> Guard or Firemage

Can be obtained by bug (how to cause the bug I dont know, some have, some dont)
Guard or Firemage -> Templar

After "the OC thing"
Guard/Firemage -> Mercenary
Mercenary -> Water Mage

Joining New Camp
None -> Rogue
Rogue -> Mercenary
Mercenary -> Water Mage

Joining Sect Camp
None -> Novice
Novice -> Templar

Crawler Plate Armor

Ore Armor

Enhanced Ore Armor

Best 1h sword:
Scar's Sword

Best 2h sword:
Enhanced Uzariel

Best non-magic 2h sword:
Gomez sword

I dont know why, but I did more damage with Gomez Sword than the Uzariel. It didnt hurt the final opponents thou...

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sat Dec 08, 2001 2:22 am