Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Saving those skill points
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I finished the game once, and not having any good games to play, decided to go through it again. I played the first time through as a new camp mercenary.

This time I thought I'd go old camp fire magician. I've been trying to save those skill points but am having a hard time completing certain scenes.

Take the Shrike incident. I think I remember reading here or in the JemyM faq that it was done using just the bone bow and the 5 dex ring. I couldn't pull it off with the bow without killing Shrike And if I used just a sword it did no damage. I ended up having to train some in STR to do it.

I'll end up having to train again to do the orc cemetary which brings me to my question. How many skill points need to be saved to start as a successful magician? Do you have to train 10 skill points for each "circle" of magic? Any thoughts?

Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 3:24 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

I finished the game once, and not having any good games to play, decided to go through it again. I played the first time through as a new camp mercenary.

This time I thought I'd go old camp fire magician. I've been trying to save those skill points but am having a hard time completing certain scenes.

Yes, it is hardly possible to do everything and not spent some exp. points on dex. or str.

quote:

I'll end up having to train again to do the orc cemetary which brings me to my question. How many skill points need to be saved to start as a successful magician? Do you have to train 10 skill points for each "circle" of magic? Any thoughts?

I was firemage and I started to save exp. points when I was level 6. Before that I became a master of bow and bought some dex. points. Though I was able to teach everything (in magic) nearly in same time they offered it to me.

To mage you need two things:
- learn 6 circles of magics
1th...10 skill points
2nd...15 skill points
3th...20 skill points
4th...25 skill points
5th...30 skill points
6th...40 skill points

But you will be able to become firemage at the end of 2nd chapter and you will have only 3 circles avalaible (you will learn fireball and that will be enough for that time, in 4th circle is important healing, but you will not need it, because of herbs and potions)

- increase max. mana
You must invest some skill points into into this
1 skill point = 1 max. mana point
But you can find many potions that will increase your max. mana points.

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-01-21 09:53 ]
Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 3:52 pm