Usergroups
To Kill a Troll.....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Faelon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have a very handy tip to reveal, as I have had experience with this.

Wilst exploring the game and accumulating wealth and power I managed to clean out the Black Gobbos from the Troll and leave him till last. After reading the Journal Page and using the relevant scroll I defeated the, now somewhat reduced, Troll. This was all before I did the Focus Crystals quest, long before.

When coming round to the focus locations I assumed I would waltz right in and take the crystal. Much to my supprise there appeared annother Troll! While Diego kept it busy I franticly searched for a way to use the stuck winch, find annother scroll, or beat the Troll to death from behind. None of these things worked.

I thought here, I have to go 5 days worth back to a time I did not use the scroll to defeat the first Troll (and loose a good 2K xp) having to redo all that time. Luckily MARVIN was with me. I just poped him up and used "Kill", TWICE!! There lay a full sized, dead, Troll. Whew! Now I HATE cheating, and do not respect anyone who cheats, but this is one time the cheat function provided useful in a constructive manner.

So here is the gist of my tirade! Save the Scroll for the Focus Crystal Quest! Don't Kill the Troll before then or you will have to do what I did (wich was a pain in the ass).

Good luck to you all!
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 10:24 pm

True dat.
I too like to explore and kill monsters for experience. I should have learned all the hunting skills right away. I like earning my money honestly rather than being a thief.
I had to do the same thing as you.
the second time around it was very dark and I saw a person up there. I was shocked and delighted to see Diego and take on an adventure with my old buddy!
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 10:52 pm