ANUK the cook bug - Possible spoiler...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
magni
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ANUK the cook bug - Possible spoiler...

I figured out that you can drop some wine into the cookie dough and get the Goblin king sick when the cook gives him the tainted food which progresess the search for the Troll Idol, thing is Anuk the cook is stuck at the Kings main chamber doors and will not return to the kitchen to make more cakes with the dough that now has the wine in it he will also not respond to any double clicks when trying to talk to him he just stands there... has anyone had this possible bug happen to them?
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:40 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I had this happen to me too, although it was with the kitchen door and AFTER I solved the quest, so it didn't matter.

I never managed to unlodge him (he was blocking the only source of wine in a barel that I know of, not that wine is crucial to the game).
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:47 pm
magni
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Mmmm, ok Red, ill find alternative means then,,, thank you...
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:11 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Sadly there is no other way... At least none known. Ideally you'd get an old savegame where he ain't stuck
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:28 pm
magni
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Mmmm, no other way? I though tif you killed the Trolls in the mines and took the key off of the Troll king then let the troll that was in jail out of his cell he would rampage through the Goblin Fortress with you and help you get the Troll Idol.....
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:33 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Well, yeah, you can kill the trolls in fact and free the troll there. The freed troll will clear the path to the city (which is what the ultimate goal of finding the Idol is anyway). He won't touch the goblins though.

You could also kill all the goblins, get the keys open the doors and chests and find the idol to give to the trolls.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:15 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

killing the cook

I had to kill the cook...because he had attacked me...I'd had to kill the goblin at the gate to level 3 to progress ...(seems I encontered a bug because I chose to play my character from demo after buying game...
KING L wouldn't talk to me or give me any Quest to troll KING POG...)but on the 3rd level now I had to keep killing goblins...since I had to kill that 1st one at gate...then they all attack...but it turned out well...while fighting the cook...I gave him the goblin cook book...just double clicked it and clicked on him... and got the xp points...the book was in his inventory when I raided his body later...I solved the pie to KING by baking my own and adding the wine in the kitchen ...then taking it upstairs and clicking it on the door...that got the door open for me after the king ate it...of course I had to eventually kill him too and all the trolls except the troll prisoner who cleared the passage and put me back on track in the game...I 've progressed to the rebel outpost and am ready for the crypt...sometimes doing things out of order may nullify some parts of the game...but keep going...it makes things interesting...

THE TAROT
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:04 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

So I take it attacking the golbins automatically makes the Trolls attack you?
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:03 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

killing goblin cook ...killing trolls

no ...the trolls are at their own compound and in order to access and enter this area I had to kill them...I had the troll idol from raiding the goblins and had hoped to offer it to them and get in ...because up to this point they wouldn't let me pass...but that didn't work...maybe my timing wasn't right(the trolls attack fast and powerfully and I didn't have as much time to click the idol on them as I had with the goblin cook) although I did try it a few times and results were always the same...so that's why I wound up having to kill them as well...I thought I might try to sell the Idol later) but haven't tried that yet (forgot about it )and continued playing since the troll I saved from the prison left and cleared the passagway... and that put me back on track in the game...KING L then acknowledged me ...gave me a room, a quest, etc...except this changes things with CHIKLASHH...since I had to kill the trolls...I never got to speak to GREU's friend... and the birthday present thing never came about...GREU'S in my logbook about the birthday present because I had visited him earlier and spoke to him and he told me himself ...but this doesn't trigger the event with
CHIKLASHH...it's speaking with his friend which I couldn't do since I had to kill him...exploring and doing things out of sequence sometimes skews the events which follow but you can still play a version of the game...and if you chose to play it again you could do it differently the next time...there are 4 different and possible endings...

THE TAROT
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:32 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

To talk to the Trolls you need to talk to the King of Arx and he'll give you a note to bring to the Troll leader... Too late now, no big problem though.

For Greu, don't worry too much about it, it's just a pendant so you needn't kill the Trolls on level 5 (I think). there are only 4 or 5 of them there (and you can let goblins kill 1 of them) so it doesn't matter.
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:26 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

RAVENAL, if Greu is still friendly, and you ever decide to kill that CHIKLASH, search her body for the present book and give it to Greu. Interesting to see what the result would be.
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:42 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

killing Chikashh

Merz ~point well taken...but wouldn't that really skew the game for me later ?Or are my dealings with her over now...?

THE TAROT
Post Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:52 am
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

Had To Kill The Trolls At Level 5 Too

Red~
I had to kill the trolls at level 5 too as they always attacked me (I HAVE NO AMULET)...each of them had a troll amulet in their inventories and when I killed 1 of them... I had hoped to use it as a pass with all of the rest...but it doesn't play out that way ...I even went back and replayed to let the goblins finish off that 1st troll they all are attacking so I might use the amulet he had on his dead body ...and not having killed him myself ...not suffer the repercussions with the remaining trolls on that level ...but they still attacked me...I even replayed by evading them, by running away or scaring them off with the HARM SPELL in use but eventually decided to kill them for the xpts since they always try to attack...wander from the path (walkthru) and strange things happen...but it will be interesting to see where I end up having taken the less traveled route...or are most of you doing alot of killing too???

THE TAROT
Post Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:11 am
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

exp here with the killing spree

i am playing a character who kills everything that moves. it seems to me that the first time you swing at any creature that creature's whole race on that level hates you and attacks on sight. but you can still be "friendly" with the others of its kind on other levels until you swing at them. the exception is humans, swing at one anywhere, and the cards get stacked against you, humans gossip and every human everywhere has your number for the rest of the game. you might as well be a akbaa priest with body odor after that. the other exceptions is the goblins, whom may like you in the goblin kingdom, but other levels they are too far from home to have gotten the treaty memo and are determined to knee your crotch everywhere else.

by the way, pis off the dragon and can anyone tell me how to kill the thing? i rode its back as one person suggested but still havent managed to avoid being tomorrow's breakfast yet......
Post Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:08 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

RAVENAL, robbing/killing SHIKLASS will upset your terms with humans, but not with the Sisters of E. If you are already wanted by humans, then do it. Otherwise, the safiest would be to try it as experiment at the end of game (before entering the Ylsides bunker for final fight) to get some extra XP and see a different version of the last but one cutscene in the game.
Post Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:43 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next