Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Where is Lester??????? This is for Quest!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Where is Lester??????? This is for Quest!

I was told to go instruct Gorn and Lester to meet at their normal gathering location. I already told Gorn, but I can't find Lester. I don't even remember who Lester is or what camp he is in. He can't be in the Old Camp because I am banned from there. Anyone tell me where he is? Thanks! ...........................................................One more thing...Why does Gorn keep on attacking me after entering the new mine and attacking the guards from the Old camp? One second he tells me to lead on, the next second he is hacking away at my face with his axe. Then when I talk to him he says something like, "Why do you always pick on me?" I'm guessing its either a bug or its because I am supposed finnish the Quest by notifying Lester of the meating first. Oh! Another question. Am I supposed to kill all the guards and miners in the new camp when I try to get to the orc prisoner to get the thing that will allow me to go into the orc city without dying to finnish my quest from the 13th mage? Jackal is supposed to die when he attacks me at the front entrance to the new mine, right? Thanks!
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:33 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

1. Lester helped you during the focus stone quest. He's right where you left him. The mountain fort.

2. It's a bug. Just tell him to stand at the entrance and proceed without him.

3. Feel free to kill the Old Camp members that are in the New Mine.

4. Jackal is supposed to die. There is no way to avoid it.
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:59 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Haven't been paying much attention to the dialogue huh? It's important to the evolution of the story. Or have you just loaded up someone else's savegame?

Anyway, here's the link to a map. Lester is at location 6.
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:58 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

If you absolutely need Gorn's help, just be sure to save often.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:12 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Wow thanks!

Thanks for the fast replies! Wow, that was fast! Thanks!
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:24 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Still stuck... /frown

After killing all the miners and guards in the new mine, I got bored with trying to figure out how to get to the orc prisoner. I assumed thats the orc I'm supposed to talk to in order to get that item the friendly orc shamen told me about earlier. I ended up leaving the mine and trying to take the advice shown above. I ran to where I got the focus stone in the mountain fort to find Lester in hopes of finnishing the meeting quest. Big problem, Lester isn't there. I even checked up top at the chest where I got the deed that I gave him in exchange for his help getting the focus stone. Please don't tell me its another bug, not being able to finnish a quest due to that wouldn't sit well with me. Any advice? Other than starting over and hoping it doesn't happen again? Okay, to narrow things down here, my questions are: 1) What do I do in the new mine after I've killed all the guards and miners. 2) How do I finnish the meeting quest, where is Lester?? ----Thanks!
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:45 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

1. Talk to the orc. He will send you on a quest to kill certain creatures and obtain their special body parts. He will make the Ulu-Mulu from these parts.

2. Lester is in the library on the first level of the fort.
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:01 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

The orc...

I spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out a way to get up top on the platform where the orc is so that I could talk to him. He is too high up and for some reason he isn't selected so I can't speak to him. I tried turning myself into a minecrawler so I could climb the wooden support to get up there, that didn't work. I also tried turning into a bloodfly so that I could somehow get high enough to land over there. That didn't work either. Am I just standing in the wrong spot? Or do I have to get up there on the platform with him in order to speak with him.
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:29 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You're just supposed to climb up. Get up close to the rock face and hit Alt + the up arrow key.
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:20 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Lester SHOULD be in the library section of the mountain fort. That's the room with the chest which held the key which opened the chest upstairs which had the deed in it. If you've thoroughly searched the whole fort and still can't find Lester, then you're going to have to cheat and re-insert him.

You have to jump and climb up to the platform with the orc. Hold down your 'jump' key and press 'forward'. If you're standing on the right spot, when you hold 'jump' the camera angle should change a little so you're looking upwards a little.

If you're still unable to get up, then there's another way. Go back near the entrance of the mine. You're on a platform. Get down to the ground below and you'll see a dark cave entrance. Follow it to the end. There's actually stepwise platforms to go down. Go down. Then find and climb the platforms on the other side. There's a boarded up hole you can walk right through and drop down on the orc. Note: Light a torch cos' it's dark. There's minecrawlers about!
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:46 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Hi! Me again! =)

<p>Wow, thanks! I didn't even know you could jump! I had no idea hitting the alt+ UP keys would make him jump. If I knew that earlier I could have done several things differently. It probably says it right in the manual and I overlooked it. Thats fine. Thanks, though.</P>
<p>I went inside the orc temple and have made it to what appears to be the last of the orc shamens. Its the one that I can't seem to hurt. My strongest weapon (Troll Axe, 100dmg, 2H) doesn't even touch it. Nor does it hurt the apocolypse templers up the stairs. I did however figure out another way of killing the templers. I just summon a golem to do the trick for me. Anyway, thats not important. I am assuming whenever I get the weapon I need to kill the shamen, I'll also be able to kill the templers without the help of a summoning scroll. My question is this: What do I do now? I spent about 2 hours trying to figure out a way out of the temple. I assumed I was supposed to take the strange sword I found near the last shamen I killed to the 13th Magician up in his tower. I tried using the rune he gave me, but none of the runes work inside the temple. I got where I am by using the mine crawler scroll while standing near the wall between two rocks, and appearing underground. The problem is I can't get out now. Was the way I got into the underground tunnel a bug? Or is there another way out? Hmm. Or am I not even supposed to leave yet. Let me know. Thanks!
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:14 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Oh and by the way...

I already found Lester. Yes, he was in the Library where you said he would be. Thanks! I must have overlooked him the first time I went there. I finnished that quest. Currently the only quest I'm working on is the orc temple quest. I'm still stuck inside and can't figure out what to do next. My quest information more or less is telling me I'm supposed to get a new weapon. Still not sure if in order to do that I need to get out yet... I'll check back in 10 mins. Thanks!
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:19 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

To get out is simple. Merely go back to the gate at the entrance of the temple. Get out from the underground part and retrace your steps to the orc villiage. If you used the orc teleport scroll to get past the gate then either meatbug your way out or use the teleport rune. Teleport runes only work above ground.
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:01 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

hmmm, /cry

It seems no one understands what I'm talking about. I'm stuck inside the closed gates, meat bugging doesn't work. Is there a way I can take screen shots and post them so I can show you exactly where I am stuck? Can't use runes because I am stuck underground. The very first room with the closed gates is the room I can't get in. I don't know how to open the gates or even if they are supposed to be opened. I explained above to the best of my ability how I got pass the gates.
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:54 am
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmmm....
Seems to me that you forgot a switch. Look for one anywhere around your area. If you finally get too frustrated, just activate cheat mode by typing MARVIN in the status screen, walk up to the closed gate and press 'k'.
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:28 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next