So i want to make a pure mage...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

So i want to make a pure mage...

and it seems the best way to do this would be to play a high elf with the atronach birthsign, for highest possible magicka. problem is, i dont like the high elves...they are all super ugly IMHO...and id like to play as a cooler race, but still be a mage. i know bretons have a magic bonus, but im still not sure if id want to be a breton...you guys have any experiance or tips with playing a full mage with races other than bretons or high elves? would i have enough magicka playing as a full mage with only the atronarch birthsign for a magic bonus? any other info would be helpful as well...
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:26 pm
Early Q
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dunmer.

With Dunmer you can achieve the destruction skill at the begining that a Altmer has - 45.

Dunmer will be good at virtually any class.
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:59 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

To make your high elves looks better, try the "The High Elves fix" plug-in at Morrowind Summit. I can't guarantee though it will make High Elves hansome enough for you
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:33 am
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Remus -

2 problems with the high elves fix from morrowind summit.

1 - along with this plugin, most of the plugins ive tried to download from the site have broken links, and i cant download it.

2 - i read the info for the plugin, and it beefs up the high elf race so that they are resistent to a lot more stuff - i dont want something that will change the balance of the game...is there a way i could just use the new models and not the tweaks to the game?

oh, and i almost forgot - thanks for the replies, guys!!! =D
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:13 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

quote:
Originally posted by Legal_My_Deagle
... i read the info for the plugin, and it beefs up the high elf race so that they are resistent to a lot more stuff - i dont want something that will change the balance of the game...is there a way i could just use the new models and not the tweaks to the game?

Oh i forgot that it also change the high elf stats. I don't know other options yet since i haven't got time to explore the possibility. Anyway i got another news for you, look up face and hair models made by Rhedd, he is very good at it. Unfortunately for now he only got new face & hair for female Imperial race; inside the plug-in readme he also said "To change the face of your existing character without starting a new game, open the console and type "enableracemenu". Choose your new face and hair. Changing your race will cause temporary problems that should resolve themselves when you reload. Always save your game first in case of unpredictable errors and save afterwards in a new file. Enableracemenu will only work once. If you want to change your face again you must first exit Morrowind and reload your game." Maybe this could help you change your character face in game from other face models or do something with the High elf mod. If you like Get the Rhedd's plug-in from http://home.wnm.net/~bgriff/MW_Face02.html
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:18 pm